Rent help in Kitsap County Washington.
Various housing and rental assistance programs operate in Bremerton, Port Orchard, and Kitsap Washington. Most of the financial assistance is for addressing emergency needs, such as imminent eviction, homelessness, or situations such as an unexpected job loss or medical emergency. The leading places to call for rent help in Kitsap County Washington are below.
Rental assistance can be offered to those that qualify. Cash can be paid out only when funds are available. The applicant will need to live within the greater Kitsap region, and meet income and other hardship conditions. Individuals who would like more information such as availability of financial assistance or to get details on the eligibility requirements or application process, please call.
Kitsap Washington housing authorities and assistance
These agencies, which are a combination of non-profits, charities and government organizations, can help people apply for grants, housing vouchers, or they may have limited amounts of cash to pay for housing and rent expenses.
North Kitsap Fishline offers Emergency Services. They are based in Poulsbo, Washington 98370. Phone (360) 779-5190. It may be able to provide funds or grants for rent assistance. Only families in the North Kitsap High School Boundaries can apply, so the region that services are offered in is limited.
Kitsap County Personnel and Human Services, Veterans Assistance Fund. Phone number is (360) 337-7185. Offers assistance for veterans in need of help. The primary service is known as the Soldiers and Sailors or Relief Fund.
Bremerton Housing Authority, phone number 360-479-3694. Section 8 housing vouchers are issued. Clients of this HUD rent program range from the disabled to working poor and seniors.
Catholic Community Services, Kitsap Family Center location. You can dial 1-866-377-5058 or 360-405-9486. This church based groups offers homeless prevention as part of HEN. It provides grants for rent, energy costs, and housing needs.
American Financial Solutions offers Foreclosure Assistance and mortgage help. Call 1-888-864-8699 ext 1103.
Habitat for Humanity of Kitsap County - Call 360-479-3853. Is involved in building and placing people into homes.
Kitsap Community Resources – May have rent or housing assistance. 360-377-0053. Another number to dial is 360-478-2301.
Housing Solutions Center – Get information on and help apply for government housing aid and eviction prevention grants. Main address is 1211 Bay St, Port Orchard, WA, 98366, call (360) 473-2146. A second office is at 1201 Park Ave, Bremerton, WA, 98337, dial (360) 473-2035. Social workers at the centers will determine eligibility and manages intake for eviction prevention funds or rental assistance.
Non-profits and government agencies may be able to stop homelessness. They provide rent help as well as counseling. Or the currently homeless may be placed into shelters operated by HSC partners, and then be able to receive either moving cost assistance, loans for paying first months rent, and/ or security deposit help. More on homeless prevention in Kitsap County.
Housing Resources, Board of Bainbridge Island - 206-842-1909
Bremerton office of the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services only will help those in a crisis situation. Resources can help with rent, utilities, or medications. Phone number is (877) 501-2233. A second location of social services is known as Port Gamble S Klallam, and is located in Kingston Washington. This phone number is (877) 501-2233. Find more Washington state public assistance.
Kitsap County Consolidated Housing Authority – Main phone number 360-535-6100
Saint Vincent de Paul has multiple locations. They work with local churches and other charities to offer eviction prevention, security deposits, and rent help. Port Orchard phone number location is 360-876-6933. Or dial Poulsbo at 360-779-9980.
Homeless support, shelter, and transitional housing in Kitsap
- Agape Unlimited Koinonia Inn – Short term transitional housing. Dial 360-373-1529
- Bellingham Work Release, call 360-676-2150
- Benedict House runs a shelter for men and children. Call 360-405-9486
- Catholic Community Services - Kitsap Family Center. 360-405-9486
- Crisis Clinic of the Peninsulas (mental health). 360-479-3033
- Kitsap Community Resources – Offers various rent, housing, and public assistance services and resources. Phone 360-377-0053
- Kitsap Mental Health Services – Call 360-373-7049
- Oxford Houses of Washington, short term transitional housing. Phone 1-800-562-1240
- Port Orchard Peninsula Work Release. 360-895-6158
- Saint Vincent de Paul. Call the Port Orchard location at 360-876-6933, Poulsbo 360-779-9980, or phone the Women's Shelter at 360-479-7017.
- Taylor House 360-377-5961 or 360-782-2282
Subsidized and low income housing
- Catholic Community Services partners with the Kitsap Family Center. Call 360-405-9486
- Cedar Heights Apartments of Port Orchard Washington. Phone 360-876-5320
- Bremerton based Frank Chopp Place. Phone 360-377-7744
- Kitsap County Habitat for Humanity. Phone 360-479-3853
- Housing Resources, Board of Bainbridge Island. 206-842-1909
- Max Hale Center 360-792-2117
Additional Kitsap Washington non-profits
Some of these locations may also have cash assistance.
- Bainbridge Island Helpline House. The office is at 282 Knechtel Way NE, Bainbridge Island, WA, 98110. Telephone (206) 842-7621
- Kitsap branch of Catholic Community Services. Location is 645 4th St Suite 205, Bremerton, Washington, 98337. Dial (360) 536-3138. Financial assistance administered may include rent, utilities, security deposits, and move-in assistance if funding is available.
- DSHS - Community Services Offices – Kitsap, 4710 Auto Center Blvd, Bremerton, WA, 98312, phone: (877) 501-2233
- St Vincent de Paul Society of Kitsap Washington. Address: 1137 Callow Ave N, Bremerton, WA, 98312, number (360) 479-7017. Or stop by the location at 1209 Bay St, Port Orchard, Washington, 98366, dial (360) 876-6933.