latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Rent assistance in Kitsap County Washington.

Various housing and rental assistance programs operate in Bremerton, Port Orchard, and Kitsap County Washington. Most of the financial help is for addressing emergency needs, such as imminent eviction, homelessness, or situations such as an unexpected job loss or medical emergency. The leading places to call for rent help near you in Kitsap County Washington are below.

People can also access free lawyers for tenants or apply for section 8 housing choice vouchers. Rental assistance can be offered to those that qualify. Cash can be paid out only when funds are available. The applicant will need to live within the greater Kitsap County WA region, and meet income and other hardship conditions.

The homeless can also get a free hotel voucher and single moms or elderly have various rent grants too.  Low-income families who would like more information such as availability of financial assistance or to get details on the eligibility requirements or application process, please call. These agencies, which are a combination of churches, charities and government organizations, can help people apply for grants, housing vouchers, or they may have limited amounts of funds for housing and rent expenses.

Kitsap Washington housing authorities and places for rent assistance

North Kitsap Fishline offers Emergency Services. They are based in 19705 Viking Ave NW, Poulsbo, WA 98370. Phone (360) 779-5190. It may be able to provide funds or grants for rent assistance. Only families in the North Kitsap High School Boundaries can apply, so the region that services are offered in is limited.

Kitsap County Personnel and Human Services has applications to the Veterans Assistance Fund. Phone number is (360) 337-7185. Offers assistance for veterans in need of help. The primary service is known as the Soldiers and Sailors or Relief Fund. There is also SSVD as well as HUD-VASH, The address is 507 Austin Ave, Port Orchard, WA 98366.

Kitsap County Housing Authorities
There are multiple offices, as noted below. Section 8 housing vouchers are issued as well as no-wait list apartments Clients of this HUD rent program range from the disabled to working poor and seniors. There is also home buying, loans, and public housing as well as emergency section 8.




  • Bremerton Housing Authority, phone number 360-479-3694. The address is 600 Park Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337.
  • Kitsap County Consolidated Housing Authority – Main phone number 360-535-6100. The address is 2244 NW Bucklin Hill Rd, Silverdale, WA 98383.
  • Housing Resources, Board of Bainbridge Island - Call 206-842-1909. The address is 730 Ericksen Ave NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

Catholic Community Services, Kitsap Family Center location. You can dial 1-866-377-5058 or 360-405-9486. This church based groups offers homeless prevention as part of HEN. It provides grants for rent, energy costs, and housing needs. There is also transitional housing and places for single moms or immigrants. The address is 250 S Cambrian Ave, Bremerton, WA 98312,

Kitsap Community Resources – May have rent or housing assistance. The goal is to stop, or limit, evictions as well as homelessness. Immediate rent help, rehousing, and other social services. Call 360-377-0053. The address is 1201 Park Ave, Bremerton, WA 98337. Another number to dial is 360-478-2301.

Housing Solutions Center – Get information on and help apply for government housing aid and eviction prevention grants. Social workers at the centers will determine eligibility and manages intake for eviction prevention funds or rental assistance. They also offer housing stability and placement services.

  • 1201 Park Avenue, Bremerton, WA 98337. Dial (360) 473-2035
  • Port Orchard location of Kitsap Community Resources, 3200 SE Rainshadow Ct., Port Orchard, WA 98366. Main number is (360) 473-2146
  • Bainbridge Island Helpline House, 282 Knechtel Way NE, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. Call (360) 801-2564
  • North Kitsap, 787 Liberty Lane NW, Poulsbo, WA 98370. Phone: (360) 801-2564





Non-profits and government agencies may be able to stop homelessness. They provide rent help as well as counseling. Or the currently homeless may be placed into shelters operated by HSC partners, and then be able to receive either moving cost assistance, loans for paying first months rent, and/ or security deposit help. More on homeless prevention in Kitsap County.

Bremerton office of the Washington State Department of Social and Health Services only will help those in a crisis situation. Resources can help with rent, utilities, or furniture for a home or apartment. Phone number is (877) 501-2233. A second location of social services is known as Port Gamble S Klallam, and is located in Kingston Washington. This phone number is (877) 501-2233. Find more Washington state public assistance.

Saint Vincent de Paul has multiple locations. They work with local churches and other charities to offer eviction prevention, security deposits, and rent help. Port Orchard phone number location is 360-876-6933. Or dial Poulsbo at 360-779-9980.

Northwest Justice Project
400 Warren Ave Ste 350, Bremerton, WA 98337. Dial (360) 377-6385
The pro-bono, volunteer driven law office helps the poor, senior citizens, and low-income. Get free legal aid, including consultations for tenant issues. Kitsap County renters with an eviction or utility shut-off notice can meet with a free lawyer for assistance.

Salvation Army Family Services
There are various assistance programs. The low-income and working poor in Kitsap County can apply for emergency rental assistance. There are transitional housing programs, hotel vouchers, limited funds for security or utility deposits and more. Continue with rent assistance from Salvation Army Kitsap County.

Homeless support, shelter, and low-income transitional housing in Kitsap County

Some of these locations may also have cash assistance for rent. Or et low-cost housing including for families with kids, single moms or the elderly in Kitsap County. Based on the agency, financial assistance administered may include rent, utilities, security deposits, and move-in assistance if funding is available.

  • Agape Unlimited Koinonia Inn – Short term transitional housing. Dial 360-373-1529. The address is 4841 Auto Center Way #101, Bremerton, WA 98312
  • Benedict House runs a homeless shelter for men and children. Call 360-405-9486. The location is 250 S Cambrian Ave, Bremerton, WA 98312.
  • Oxford Houses of Washington, short term transitional housing. Phone 1-800-562-1240. the address is 520 Spring St, Friday Harbor, WA 98250.
  • Port Orchard Peninsula Work Release. Address is 1340 Lloyd Pkwy, Port Orchard, WA 98367. Dial 360-895-6158





  • Cedar Heights Apartments of Port Orchard Washington. Phone 360-876-5320. They are rent and income based housing units at 333 W Lippert Dr, Port Orchard, WA 98366.
  • Max Hale Center. Dial 360-792-2117, or the location is 285 5th St #1, Bremerton, WA 98337.
  • Bainbridge Island Helpline House. The office is at 282 Knechtel Way NE, Bainbridge Island, WA, 98110. Telephone (206) 842-7621


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page