latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rental assistance in Kenosha County Wisconsin.

Several charities, churches, and government agencies provide rent help in Kenosha County. The focus is on low-income tenants, single moms or dads, disabled and the elderly who struggle with housing costs. Find where, and how, to get rental assistance as wall as grants to pay moving costs (security deposits or applications fees) and other aid. Free legal aid in Kenosha also works to stop evictions, homelessness and utility shut offs.

Affordable housing resources are also offered. Low income families in Kenosha County can seek section 8 HUD vouchers to help pay rent. There is also assisted and supportive living for the disabled as well as elderly, rental and housing assistance for veterans, and other income based programs. The goal of all these agencies, whether government affiliated or a charity in Kenosha County, is to both (1) stop homelessness as well as (2) rehouse the homeless or people who are struggling into a new, permanent home or apartment.

The Salvation Army of Kenosha County
Location is 3116 75th St
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53142
Main Phone: (262) 564-0286
Emergency financial aid for rent, utilities, and housing resources are offered. There is also transitional housing, free hotel vouchers, furniture and other resources for the low income.

Equus Workforce Solutions
Location is 8600 Sheridan Road
Kenosha, Wisconsin 53143
Main number is (262) 697-4599
Kenosha County renters, that have children, can get financial aid from JAL. This includes rent assistance for single mothers or fathers. There are also free hotel or motel vouchers, grants for storage costs or security deposits, loans for bills and more.

Kenosha Housing Authority
Location is 625 52nd St
Kenosha, WI 53140
The PHA is at (262) 653-412086
They process applications for section 8 housing, and expedited vouchers. There is also public housing, information on home buying loans, and other federal rent programs.




Kenosha County Community Action Agency
Address is 2000 63rd Street
Kenosha, WI 53143
Phone: 262-657-0840
There are multiple rent assistance programs. There is state and federal resources, referrals to local charities, and other aid. The non-profit, community action program focuses on addressing employment, self-sufficiency, as well as helping with housing and utility needs.

Legal Aid of Wisconsin and Kenosha County
The main offices are outside the county, but there are free lawyers and legal aid in Kenosha County. There is eviction defense, assistance for housing discrimination, applications to rent or section 8 housing vouchers and more. Dial 855-947-2529. More on free Legal Action Aid of Wisconsin.

Sharing Center of western Kenosha County
25700 Wilmot Road
Trevor, WI
For information, dial (262) 298-5535
Homeless prevention and rapid rehousing is offered. Anyone who has an eviction or pay or quit notice from their landlord can apply for rent help. The homeless can get utility or security deposit assistance as well as help moving.

Kenosha County veteran housing and rent resources
There are a couple different agencies that help veterans, military service members or Reserve/National Guard, and their families. Programs include emergency rent help, job training, eviction prevention resources and cash aid. SSVF as well as HUD-VASH are two of the main government grant programs for rent, utilities, and housing. There is also a homeless veteran integration program. Try one or both of the organizations below.

  • TLS Veterans - Veterans Path to Hope is another option at 805 S McHenry Avenue, Crystal Lake, IL. However they do assist Kenosha County. Dial (815) 321-4673
  • Center for Veteran Issues is based at 1300 S Green Bay Rd, Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin. Dial (262) 633-5180.
  • Other resources exist as well. More on rental assistance for veterans.





Shalom Center
4314 39th Avenue
Kenosha Wisconsin, 53144
Phone - (262) 658-1713
They have a homeless shelter, transitional housing and other support. Substance abusers and those with a mental illness can also get housing help.


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site