latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs Juneau and Adams County.

Low income and struggling families in the Adams and Juneau region of Wisconsin can look into emergency financial assistance and other support services. Some of the leading non-profits and government organizations are below.

Juneau County Salvation Army is a leading social service agency. The center provides short-term emergency food, shelter, and financial assistance for lower income and struggling people in Juneau County Wisconsin. Crises intervention, aid for rent and heating bills, and other emergency services are available for needy individuals and the working poor.

Other services include Christmas assistance, food, and more. Another focus is on addressing the cause of the hardship, therefore case management support will be arranged. Dial the Royal Bank of Elroy at (608) 462-8401. Also, more information on the gifts from the Angel Tree can be obtained from the Elroy site. More on Salvation Army services in Juneau County.

Central Wisconsin Community Action Council, Inc. offers referrals and administers several different state and federal government programs. Examples include LIHEAP, Women, Infants and Children, and weatherization. The location is the community action agency for the region, and they focus on providing short term help and addressing the causes of poverty.

The Emergency Food Assistance program is called TEFAP, and the agency will help coordinate monthly distribution of surplus United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) commodities in the area.

Heating, utility and energy bill assistance is offered to low-income households from the federal government LIHEAP program. It provides Adams and Juneau County families with one-time payments and grants as well as emergency assistance when needed. Money is paid directly to energy providers and utility companies, and the funds go towards paying energy bills. Read more on Wisconsin energy bill assistance.

Weatherization helps save energy from efficiency. This can include, but is not limited to, insulation, more efficient heating systems, furnace repairs, or other conservation improvements. Some people have been known to save almost $400 per year on their heating and cooling bills.




Community Action Skills Enhancement program can provide services that help in paying for child care and transportation and can include financial support to cover the costs of classes and/or job training. Receive job search and placement support, individualized career planning assistance, and access to a variety of support and other advocacy services.

WIC, or Women, Infants and Children, offers food vouchers for pregnant women, infants and children of low-income households. The Summer Food Service Program is for low-income children, and they are provided with free meals during the times of the year (such as summer) that they don't have access to school lunches or meals. FoodShare Outreach is a debit card for income-eligible households that can be used for food purchases at grocery stores and supermarkets. Click more on WIC.

Emergency assistance may be offered to families that are faced with a one-time crisis or hardship. Funds are generally offered to help with paying rent or mortgage. This financial assistance program actually combines a number of different funding sources including United Way, CSBG Emergency Food and Shelter Program, as well as funds from the Emergency Shelter Grant.

Rent assistance is provided from Central Wisconsin Community Action Council using the section 8 housing voucher program. There is a waiting list, and the voucher will only pay a portion of someone’s overall housing expenses.

The Community Action Council is located in Wisconsin Dells, and call (608) 254-8353. Or continue reading on CWCAC programs.

Adams County Health And Human Services Department – Will help address poverty and its effects. The non-profit works to determine sources, types and levels of government and public assistance available for the needy. Various services and assistance programs are offered to help people reach a goal of economic independence as well as self-sufficiency. 108 East North Street, Friendship, WI 53934





Juneau County Economic Support can offer qualified people financial assistance, such as Child Care, Food Share, and Medical Bill Assistance. They will also determine if you are eligible for public aid, such as medical care, energy bill assistance, financial support or food stamps. Also provides payment for medical care for young children, pregnant women, and babies. (608) 847-2400

Saint James Catholic Church only supports the Camp Douglas School District, and runs a food pantry for the region. Call for information on emergency food for those who are unable to buy it due to lack of resources 100 Bartell Street, Camp Douglas, WI 54618, (608) 427-2014

Community Sharing Pantry, 1 Kennedy Street, Suite 7, Mauston, WI 53948

Necedah Food Pantry Inc. – Residents of the Necedah school system can call (608) 565-6932 for emergency food.

Mauston Community Sharing Food Pantry is located at 1 Kennedy Street Suite 7. Phone (608) 847-6690

Grace Lutheran Church – A pantry is open limited hours for people of Royall, Elroy, and Kendall school district. Other items offered can include holiday meals and formula for infants. 226 Erickson Street, Elroy, Wisconsin 53929, call (608) 462-5175

First Baptist Church of New Lisbon may have meals, information on shelter, and more. (608) 547-8815

New Lisbon Food Pantry - (608) 562-5257

Wonewoc Union Center Food Pantry is located at 762 Bridge Street. Call (608) 464-3998 for information on canned goods, perishable food, groceries, baby formula, and government food programs like WIC.

Juneau County Housing Authority can coordinate housing programs, such as section 8. Also distributes heating bill assistance which is a one-time benefit payment for winter season, and funds can help pay a portion of heating costs. As part of this service, crisis assistance and weatherization services may also be available for low income families. (608) 847-5988, or read more on section 8 applications in Wisconsin.





Saint Josephs Memorial Hospital and Clinic provides affordable medical services to the community through clinics in the region as well as an acute-care hospital. 1705 Omaha, Elroy, WI 53929, call (608) 462-4116

Family Mile Bluff Medical Center and clinic can be reached at (608) 565-2000. Medical care can be provided on a sliding fee scale to the less fortunate, low income, and uninsured. Address is 1408 Wheliihan Avenue, Necedah, Wisconsin 54646.


By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site