latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Find help with rent in Henry County Georgia.

Henry County Georgia tenants and struggling families can get help with their rent or placement into long term affordable housing as part of section 8. There are several non-profits, charities, and government supported agencies in both the county (as well as nearby counties) that focus on housing needs – security deposits, rent, eviction prevention, transitional housing and more.

Each of these organizations may also other emergency financial help as well. Rent assistance is only one of the options. But they may also give out free furniture, assist with energy bills, or help pay for moving costs. There are also referrals to government rent assistance programs, such as ESG grants or Homeless Prevention or Rapid Rehousing. Some of the Henry County agencies also offer loans or short term funds for paying back rent or a mortgage – but that money will need to be repair. Find more details on where and how to apply below.

Salvation Army of Henry County Family Services has a low cost thrift store (for furniture or household supplies) along with financial help. Grants or funds for rent, security deposit or utility bills. There is also a homeless shelter as well as supportive housing for senior citizens. Rental assistance is also for immigrants and Spanish speakers. Location is 401 Racetrack Road, McDonough, GA 0252. The main phone number is 770-957-8868. There are other resources as well from the faith based charity, or find additional housing assistance from Henry County Salvation Army.

Community Services Authority of Henry and Clayton County is a regional non-profit. They offer some funds to Henry County residents for their rent as well. Call 404-363-0575. Note that the family or individual will need to travel to the organization to apply. Most assistance goes to seniors, single mothers, the low income (who are facing a crisis), veterans, or the disabled.

Samaritans Together of Henry County as well as Society of Saint Vincent offer housing solutions. Samaritans Together uses donations to fund its financial aid programs from 85 Bellamy Place, Stockbridge, GA 30281. Dial 678-565-6526.

Jewish Family & Career Services is a faith based non-profit. A focus is on the elderly. Rent help, mortgage assistance, home care, and other services may be offered. Jewish community members take priority. Dial 770-677-9300.





Henry County attorneys also offer free legal help to stop evictions. Or they assist minorities, immigrants, and the poor with housing discrimination or access issues. Other legal aid can include landlord-tenant mediation, employment, applications to SSI disability or section 8 rent subsidized housing and more. Call the McDonough Legal Aid Society at (404) 524-5811 or the Free Georgia Legal Services Program at (404) 894-7707.

Henry County residents impacted by HIV or AIDS can try Living Room Ponce De Leon Center. Financial assistance programs include money for rent, healthcare, mortgages, food, and more. HIV impacted people (or their immediate family members) can use the charity so they stay housed. Address is 341 Ponce de Leon Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30308. Call the non-profit at 404-616-6332.

McDonough Housing Authority operates low to moderate income housing units and apartments. They are a partner of Georgia Community Services on section 8 HCV, which is a rent subsidized program. They also focus on self-sufficiency from their office at 345 Simpson Street, McDonough, GA 30253. Dial 770-957-4494.

United Methodist Children’s offers transitional housing and shelter for homeless families or parents (or single moms/dads) with kids under the age of 17. In rare cases some money for rent or water deposits may be offered. Dial 404-327-5870 or (404) 327-5820. Note they are in Decatur but also cover Henry County.

By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site