Free clinics in Arizona.
Low income and uninsured Arizona families have options when it comes to free or low cost health care. Find information on free healthcare clinics, non-profit Federally Qualified Health Centers and other sliding-fee doctors or medical professionals that located throughout the state. They can offer families, children, adults, women and individuals with a large number of affordable, yet high quality, services.
The free or low-income clinics give health care, behavioral counseling, mediations, OB-GYN services and other care for immigrants (documented or not), those that lack proper health insurance, people in Medicaid and other low income Arizona families. They offer help to Spanish speakers as well. Below you can find free community health centers, clinics near you, and a phone number for referrals at the bottom of the page.
While the exact type services offered at each center will vary, in general a patient can get help and access to primary as well as preventive medical care. There may be free immunizations, medications, community outreach and referrals to specialists, screening, primary care, and general check ups in Arizona. While insurance is not needed, many centers do take Medicaid and/or Medicare. They often have social workers that offer information on Affordable Care Act Enrollment or other free medical insurance plans for low income families.
Most of the free Arizona community clinics offer medical care on a sliding fee scale, meaning patients only need to pay what they can afford. They try not to turn anyone away. You can always ask for referrals or call a nearby location in order to locate additional clinics and medical centers in your county.
Local health care centers in Arizona
The main counties and cities have free clinics that focus on the low income and/or uninsured in their counties. Immunizations, women’s health care, pediatrics and more may be offered. Find them below. These centers are in addition to the list below.
Desert Senita Community Health Center
Location is 410 N Malacate St, Ajo Arizona 85321. Phone 520-387-5651
The location is a non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center, or FQHC. Migrant farm workers, immigrants (legal or not) and the poor/homeless among others can get assistance.
There are multiple clinics and health care centers. The goal is to not turn anyone away - to try to provide free or affordable medical care regardless of the patients ability to pay or even if they do not have health insurance. Get health risk screenings, prescriptions, geriatric assessments, OB-GYN and more. Call 1-833-855-9973, or find other financial help with medical bills.
- Avondale Family Health Center is at 950 E Van Buren ST, Avondale AZ 85323. For information, dial 833-855-9973
- Address is 811 S Hamilton ST, Chandler AZ 85225. Call 833-855-9973
- Comprehensive Health Center at 2525 E Roosevelt ST, Phoenix Arizona 85008. Dial 833-855-9973
- Valleywise Community Health Center, 5825 East Calle Guadalupe, Guadalupe, AZ 85283. Phone: (480) 344-6000. Medicare, private insurance, or government Medicaid are all accepted.
Northland Cares has the Cottonwood HIV Specialty Care Clinic
203 S Candy Ln, Cottonwood AZ 86326. For information, dial 928-649-0833
Mission of Mercy
A few free, income based (or sliding fee) community clinics are part of the medical provider. They give free or affordable medical, pharmacy, and behavioral health services to people of all races, ages, and walks of life. Many of the staff are bilingual. Services are generally provided on an ability-to-pay basis.
- Clinic location is 1001 N Central AVE, Avondale Arizona 85323. For appointments, call 623-932-2723
- Christ the King Community Center - 1616 E Broadway, Mesa Arizona 85204. Main number is 602-861-2233
- Maryvale Church of the Nazarene has a free, sliding fee clinic as well at 3201 N 51st Ave, Phoenix AZ 85031. Telephone is 602-861-2233
- Shephard of the Valley Lutheran Church health center - 1500 West Maryland Ave, Phoenix AZ 85015, call 602-861-2233
- South Phoenix Mission of Mercy healthcenter is at 1522 E Southern AVE Black Family & Child Services of Arizona, Phoenix Arizona 85042. Telephone - 623-486-7798
- 3140 W Buckeye RD, Phoenix Arizona 85009. Call 602-486-7798
Low income households and people with no insurance (or on Medicaid or Medicare) can get internal medicine, physical, neurology, neurosurgeon, OB/GYN services for women, occupational health, diabetes screenings and more. Dial (877) 809-5092
- Gila Bend Primary Care Center, 100 N. Gila Blvd., Gila Bend, Arizona 85337-2658. Phone: (928) 293-7090.
- Adelante Women's Health Care is at 14300 West Granite Valley Drive, Sun City West, Arizona 85375, Phone: (623) 544-3214. Most of the services are for women in the community. Examples include OBGYN, Breast cancer and cervical screening, and treatment, when needed.
- Buckeye Family Care Center, Address 306 East Monroe, Buckeye, AZ 85326-2706.
This location offers eye exams, vision checks, and referrals to non-profit and government programs that may provide free eye glasses, including organizations such as the Lions Club.
- East Valley Family Care is at 2204 S. Dobson Road, Mesa, Arizona 85202
No one is turned away. There are STD checks, women’s health care, contraceptives given and more., Or get affordable Health Education services, Nutrition, Family Planning, and wellness.
- 5771 W Eugie Ave, Glendale AZ 85304. Main number is 602-277-7526
- Mesa Health Center - 1235 S Gilbert Rd, Mesa AZ 85204. Call 602-277-7526
- Central Phoenix Planned Parenthood - 4751 N 15th St, Phoenix Arizona 85014. For appointments, call 602-277-7526
- Desert Sky Health Center of Phoenix - 2020 N 75th Ave, Phoenix Arizona 85035. Main number - 602-277-7526
- Margaret Sanger Health Center - 2255 N Wyatt Dr, Tucson AZ 85712. Telephone 520-408-7526
- Palomino Health Center address is 16251 N Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix Arizona 85032. Call 480-882-4545
- Heuser Family Medicine Center - 7301 E 2nd St, Scottsdale AZ 85251. Main number is 480-882-4545
Circle the City
A wide range of medical assistance is given. There is care, primary care, well and sick child services as well as free school and work physicals. There are referrals to therapy services, immunizations, prescription medication and also breast, Pap Smears and cervical cancer screenings.
- Downtown Family Health Clinic, 220 S 12th Ave, Phoenix Arizona 85007. Main number is 602-258-8282
- The Parsons Family Health Center is a free, sliding fee clinic at 3522 N Third Ave, Phoenix AZ 85013. Dial 602-776-7676
Phoenix Allies for Community Health
2902 Clarendon Ave, Phoenix Arizona 85017. Telephone - 623-455-6470
SVDP Medical and Dental Clinic
420 W Watkins Rd, Phoenix AZ 85003. Main number is 602-266-4673
A faith based clinic and charity. Not only may basic medical care be giving by volunteer doctors or nurses, but there may be medical equipment loaned out (such as wheelchairs), financial aid for bills, free food, and other benefits.
Sycamore Wellness Center - UCHC
Address is 16701 S Houghton Rd, Vail Arizona 85641. Phone 520-879-3527
Greenlee County Health Department
253 Fifth St, Clifton Arizona 85533. Call 928-865-2601
Pinal County Public Health Department
They give more basic care, such as STD checks, free pregnancy screening, immunizations, vaccinations, pap Smears and more. Social workers also help with applications to Affordable Care act insurance plans, Medicaid, and other benefits, such as WIC.
- Coolidge Clinic location is 119 W Central, Coolidge AZ 85128. For information or details, dial 866-960-0633
- Another clinic is at 41600 W Smith-Enke Rd, Maricopa AZ 85138. Dial 866-960-0633
Coconino County Public Health Services District
2625 N King St, Flagstaff AZ 86004. Phone - 928-679-7222
Tidwell Family Care Center
16560 N Dysart Rd
Surprise, Arizona 85378
Glendale Family Healthcare
5310 W. Thunderbird Road,
Glendale, Arizona 85306
Phone: (623) 537-9698
Rural Health Team Mobile Clinic
Main address is 306 E. Monroe
Buckeye, AZ 85326-2404
Phone: (623) 386-6114
Visits the homeless, low income, and uninsured in the region. Call for location.
Wickenburg Family Care Center
The clinic is located at 811 N Tegner St
Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Main phone: (928) 684-9555
Some examples of programs offered, or get referrals to, are as follows. Learn about diabetes management, referrals to specialists in Arizona, a prescription assistance program and gain access to free mental health screenings.
Chilchinbeto Clinic Health Centers
Emergency care may be provided, or referrals. Pediatrics, physicals, podiatry, pulmonary medicine, and much more is provided. Volunteer efforts of doctors, physicians, nurses and other health-care providers go a long way towards helping the less fortunate in Arizona.
- Chilchinbeto Chapter House Complex, Kayenta, Arizona 86033, Dial (928) 697-8154. Part of the Federally Qualified Health Centers program. Will try to assist people of all income levels and insurance status. Variable rate and some free medical care may be offered.
- 108 Arizona St,, Bisbee, AZ 85603. Call (520) 432-3309
- Chiricahua Community Health Center - Bisbee, 108 Arizona Street, Bisbee, Arizona 85603. Phone: (520) 432-3309. The center serves low income families in the community. This can include the homeless, senior citizens, and children. Physicals, check ups, lab work, and referrals to specialists are all offered.
- 1100 F Avenue, Douglas, AZ 85607, Phone: (520) 364-3285
Fredonia Community Health Center
100 E. Wood Hill Rd
Fredonia, AZ 86022-0175
Phone: (928) 643-6215
Lake Powell Medical Center
467 Vista Avenue
Page, AZ 86040
Call (928) 645-8123
Canyonlands Northwest Arizona Regional Health Center
3272 E Rio Virgin Rd,
Littlefield, AZ 86432
Phone: (928) 347-5971
Some free care may be offered by charity services. The goal is to not turn anyone away. There is free Primary and preventive health care services. Urgent Care is offered from 440 N. Navajo Dr., Page AZ 86040. Phone: (928) 645-1700
Duncan Community Health Center
227 Main Street
Duncan, AZ 85534
Phone: (928) 359-1380
Sliding fee and an income based clinic. They also give referrals to social services. Whether immunizations, pregnancy screening or something else, care is given.
Clifton Community Health Center
Address is 759 Suite A, S. Ward Canyon Road
Clifton, Arizona 85533
Phone: (866) 865-4511
Safford Community Health Center
618 Central Avenue
Safford, AZ 85546
Phone: (928) 428-1500
Community Health Center of Yavapai
Primary health care is offered. A on site pharmacy is available. If the location can’t meet your condition, referrals may be offered to other nearby community clinic.
- 51 Brian Mickelsen Pkwy, Cottonwood, AZ 86326, Call (928) 639-8132
- PCT is at 1090 Commerce Dr, Prescott, AZ 86305. Phone: (928) 583-1000
100 E. 5th Street
Douglas, AZ 85607
Phone: (520) 364-7659
10524 East Highway 92
Palominas, Arizona 85615
Phone: (520) 366-0300
El Rio Health
Will try to help people of all income and insurance levels as part of the Federally Qualified Health Center grant program. The free community clinic may offer free or low cost primary medical care, flu shots, check up for children, work-related physical immunizations and general examinations for low-income residents in Arizona and also the uninsured. Immigrants, Spanish speakers, migrant workers and others can get free medical care too. Call 520-670-3909
- Main Clinic, Tuscon, Main address is 839 West Congress Street, Tucson, Arizona 85706
- COPE/El Rio Integrated Health Care, Address is 1101 East Broadway, Tucson, Arizona 85719
- COPE/El Rio Behavioral Health, 801 West Congress St., Tucson, AZ 85745. Phone: (520) 623-9312
- El Rio OB/GYN Associates, 225 West Irvington, Tucson, Arizona 85714. Call (520) 884-7304. Females, teenagers, and pregnant women may also receive care.
- El Rio Northwest Clinic, 330 W. Prince Rd., Tucson, Arizona 85705. Phone: (520) 670-3909. The medical center also offers numerous health care and medical assistance programs. Arizona patients can inquire or apply for preventive care, diabetes and blood pressure checks, screenings or annual check ups.
- Pediatrics care is at 1500 West Commerce Court, Tucson, AZ 85746. Phone: (520) 670-3909
- El Rio Southwest II, Internal Medicine, Address: 1510 West Commerce Court, Tucson, Arizona 85746
- El Rio Dental, 1530 West Commerce Court, Tucson, Arizona 85746. Phone: (520) 670-3909
- Pascua Yaqui Clinic, Location is 7490 South Camino de Oeste, Tucson, AZ 85746. Phone number is (520) 879-6225
- Homeless Program is part of the network too. 1101 East Broadway, Tucson, AZ 85719. Phone: (520) 624-7750. The homeless, recently evicted, and others can turn to the community clinic for care. The uninsured are supported. Medications, check ups, and more is provided by volunteers and non-profit partners.
- Flowing Wells Dental is at 4009 North Flowing Wells Rd., Tucson, Arizona 85705. Phone: (520) 408-0836
- El Rio Special Immunology Associates address is 1701 West St. Mary's Road, Tucson, Arizona 85745
El Pueblo Health Center
101 West Irvington Road
Tucson, Arizona 85714
Phone: (520) 573 - 0096
Both pediatrics and dental care may be provided, by referrals. They partner with other non-profits and accept government insurance, such as Medicaid.
Both economically (such as the poor or indigent) and culturally challenged can receive care. Variable rate billing scales are in place that factor in your income. Phone - (520) 682-4111.
- East Side Health Center, 8181 East Irvington Road, Tucson, Arizona 85730. Phone: (520) 574 - 1551
- Cinica del Alma is a free clinic at 3690 South Park Avenue, Tucson, Arizona 85713. Main phone: (520) 616 - 6760
- Ortiz Community Health Center is at 12635 W. Rudasill Road, Tucson, AZ 85743. Phone: (520) 682-3777
- MHC Obstetrics and Gynecology - 2055 W. Hospital Drive, Tucson, AZ 85704. Phone: (520) 797-0011
- Marana Health Center: Primary Care at Tucson Medical Center. 355 N Wyatt Dr #101, Tucson, AZ 85712, Phone number: (520) 616 - 4948
- West Side Health Center, 1707 W. St. Mary's Rd, Tucson, AZ 85745. Call (520) 616-6790. The working poor and those facing poverty may receive a reduction in their bills or free medical care.
- Santa Catalina Health Center, 16701 N Oracle Rd #135, Catalina, AZ 85739. Phone: (520) 825-6763
Keeling Health Center
435 East Glenn Road
Tucson, Arizona 85705
Phone: (520) 696 - 6969
Pueblo Health Center
101 W. Irvington Road
Tucson, AZ 85714
Phone: (520) 573-0096
The center may offer patients the following. Sick child exams and services, work and/or immunizations, prescription medication. Some care is free for those meeting poverty or income guidelines.
Desert Vista - Valley Wise Behavioral Health Center
Address is 570 West Brown
Mesa, Arizona 85201
Phone: (480) 344 - 2000
Glendale Family Health Center
Location is 5141 W Lamar Rd
Glendale, AZ 85301
Phone: (623) 344-6700
People from the town and county can apply for or receive specialty referral and other medical services. Some programs are for children from low income families and the elderly in Arizona.
North Country Healthcare
Immunizations, such as flu shots. Also family planning, diagnosis and treatment of common ailments for low income people, and nutrition assistance is available. Call for hours and the application process for this center.
- Flagstaff (Administrative Office and Main Clinic). 2920 N Fourth St, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, Phone # is - 928-213-6100. The office is a great place for referrals and information on Arizona facilities and public health care options.
- Round Valley, 488 S Mountain Ave, Springerville, AZ 85938. Dial 928-333-0127.
- Main location is 22585 West Oak Street, Seligman, AZ 86337. Dial 928-422-4017. The regional community clinic may offer help for chronic problems, nutritional counseling, health maintenance exams, and dental needs.
- 2090 Smoketree Ave N, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403. Call 928-854-1800
- 1510 Stockton Road, Kingman, AZ 86401. Call #928-753-1177
- 112 Park Avenue, Ash Fork, AZ 86320. Call 928-637-2305 for information. Patient education, referrals and outreach for services.
- 2109 Navajo Blvd, Holbrook, AZ 86025. Call 928-524-2851
- South Central, 33 W. Tamarisk. Phone: (602) 344-6400. Free or low cost treatment for medical problems. Coverage is extensive, and can also include immunizations, prenatal care, and cancer testing.
Other community clinics in Arizona
The list above is just a sampling of free or low cost community clinics in Arizona. Other locations and services are offered to qualified patients from a number of other locations. Dial (602) 253-0090 to get information on other medical programs, including additional Arizona community clinics that may be near you.