latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Energy Bill Assistance

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescription Drugs

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Paying Bills

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Assistance programs in Ferry, Pend Oreille and Stevens Counties.

Low income families can get help. Find the churches, charities, non-profits and government assistance programs in Stevens and Ferry County region below. Find funds to help with back rent or energy bills; free food or clothes from pantries; medical and dental care from community clinics; debt reduction and more. There is also free daycare vouchers, school supplies, grants to pay a mortgage and counseling. All of these services, as well as free Christmas toys for kids, help the less fortunate in the entire area.

Emergency help with rent, utility bills, food, and other financial support

Colville Washington based Salvation Army may be able to offer emergency help with paying for utilities, rent, and other miscellaneous needs to qualified local residents. There are also assistance programs such as free school supplies, Thanksgiving meals or Christmas toys, shelter, summer camps for kids and more. (509) 684 - 2971

All of eastern Washington State, including Ferry, Pend Oreille and Stevens Counties, are served by DSHS- Community Services Office. This is a local government agency. Using government funds, you may qualify for a  one-time cash payment to get or keep safe housing, prevent an eviction or pay for utilities. The applicant of course must fit certain guidelines to be eligible. The applicant needs to meet the guidelines for State Family Assistance (SFA), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), and have an emergency need for paying bills or rent. Call (509) 685 - 5600

Get free food, holiday meals, and more from Colville Food and Resource Center (509) 684 - 2971.

Hunter's Food Pantry is open for business on Wednesdays. The agency provides free food and clothing to members of the community in need of help. Call (509) 722 - 3332

Northport Food Bank offers food to Northport Washington families. Call (509) 732 - 6183

The community action agency of the area is Rural Resources Community Action. The various assistance programs, services, and resources they offer are below.




  • Rent assistance - The programs are offered. The first is Families with Children and the second is Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program.
    • Families with Children provides cash and rental assistance to homeless or near-homeless people (so families facing an eviction). The aid is for families with minor children in the household. Qualified low income families can get one-time assistance to pay rent (current or back) or a deposit within a two-year period.
    • Homeless Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program offers temporary rental assistance to those with no other options.
  • Utility and heating bill assistance - The community action agency partners with the federal and state government as well as local power and electric companies. Programs can help the low income, seniors on low and fixed incomes, residents in danger of losing their heat source, the disabled, and unemployed. Learn more on energy bill assistance from Washington utility companies.
  • Home repair and housing rehabilitation programs can help people live in a safe home.
  • Head Start - Children under the age of 5 may be able to get help from this program which is focusing on children’s language, literacy, math and social skills, as well as their health, dental and nutrition needs.
  • Weatherization - Save hundreds of dollars per year on your annual utility bills from this free program. It may be able to offer low- to no-cost weatherization and energy conservation to low-income households, and it focuses on low income disabled people, seniors (60 and older) and households with children under the age of 6.
  • Career counseling and help finding a job - Work one on one with a counselor and/or join a community session. Their free adult literacy program provides free, confidential tutoring tailored to individual needs. Get computer training, resume review, GED prep, and English as a Second Language programs.
  • Assistance for senior citizens - Learn about meal programs, how to get transportation to medical programs, and other resources focused on senior citizens.

Call Rural Resources Community Action (Colville, Washington) at (509) 684-8421.

Social services from Catholic Charities are wide ranging. They partner with churches, charities, and non-profits in the eastern part of the state to coordinate assistance for the less fortunate. They may have financial aid for partial rent or utility payments. Other resources include free food, clothing banks, transportation, USDA commodities, prescriptions and other aid. More Catholic Charity eastern Washington programs.





VOA - Volunteers of America of Washington - They offer assistance across a wide region, including Stevens and other counties. The charity may provide shelter and help with locating a new low income home. Clients may also benefit from free nutritious meals and case management services. There is also help for the disabled, and very rarely the organization may have emergency funds, such as grants, for a portion of rent to prevent evictions. Other assistance is for veterans and senior citizens. Read Volunteers of America of Eastern Washington.

Health care programs and community clinics in eastern Washington

Some of the following may be able to provide free or low cost health, dental, and other medical assistance. If they can’t meet your needs, they can more than likely refer you to another local community clinic. Or click here for more information on Washington free community clinics.

  • Chewelah Community Health Center - 509-935-8424
  • Lake Spokane Community Health Center - 509-464-3627
  • Loon Lake Community Center - 509-233-8412
  • Colville Community Dental Clinic - 509-684-1440
  • Springdale Community Health and Dental Center - 509-258-4234

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy


Search Site