latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs in Cheyenne, Elbert, Lincoln, and Kit Carson Colorado.

Child care expenses

If you need help with child care expenses, contact Elbert County Department of Social Services. They administer an assistance program that helps low to moderate income families and the so called working poor with paying for the rising costs of quality child care while parents are away at work. Simla Colorado. (719) 541-2369

Help for paying energy bills, food, and housing expenses

All counties in the area are served by Colorado East Community Action Agency. The programs they run are the LIHEAP (Low Income Energy Assistance), the state of Colorado Utility Assistance (EOC) Energy Outreach Colorado. Counselors will help the needy with filing LIHEAP applications. They can direct people to food banks, and also provide medicare counseling by appointment. Located in Stratton. (719) 348-5303

The Elbert County Department of Social Services is one of the leading government agencies in the area. The government support site can provide financial assistance for low income families with the rising costs of heating bills and expenses. The government location can also help with providing food stamps, TANF, and other aid. Read more on TANF.

Their food assistance program help families and individuals in the area with paying for the cost of food for low income families who fall within the income guidelines as set by the state of Colorado. (303) 621-3149

Lincoln County Department of Social Services supports residents in this county. They administer child welfare, TANF, food stamps, LEAP, help for heating bills, Old age pension and Medicaid. The main office is in Hugo Colorado. Dial 719-743-2404

Senior citizens can call the Kit Carson County Health and Human Services, which is located in Burlington Colorado and can be reached at (719) 346-8732. The government agency provides financial grants and cash support to qualifying low-income elderly, blind, rent, and disabled persons in the community.





CECAA, the local community action agency, administers the energy programs referenced above and much more. They offer low income families with outreach and referrals to housing, rent programs, and employment services. Another focus is on helping seniors in Eastern Colorado, and the agency runs programs such as Senior Medicare Patrol to help in that capacity. Or call the local CECAA office for information on the VITA income tax assistance program.

Prairie Family Center ((719) 346-5398) offers a wide variety of assistance to the low income. Can food from a food bank, a thrift store has clothing and household items, limited funds for utility bills are available, and general information on local charities and non-profits in the eastern part of Colorado. Read assistance from Colorado East Community Action Agency.

Debt and foreclosure counseling

Urban League of The Pikes Peak Region is another non-profit that runs numerous debt and mortgage delinquency counseling programs for residents of Cheyenne, Lincoln, Elbert, and Kit Carson. Counselors can assist distressed homeowners and borrowers with giving them loan modifications, refinancing and help them through short sales, as well as identify options to keep homeowners in their homes.

Counselors can also help prepare potential home buyers to become financially fit and get their credit scores back in shape, including credit counseling and repair, debt reduction, understanding FICO, etc. Get help from HUD counselors in Colorado.

Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Colorado (phone (800) 249-2227)) can put you in touch with housing and credit counselors so you can get free HUD approved housing counseling, learn about mortgage programs, and get information on debt reduction services.

By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site