Benton County rental and housing assistance.

Rent help is available in Benton County for families that are on the verge of eviction. Or if the resident is already homeless, they can get help from a wide range of programs, starting with transitional housing and up through rapid rehousing. Individuals, senior citizens, or families in Kennewick can get rent, mortgage, or security deposit help from one or more of the following agencies.

Homelessness has many causes. Each scenario will be assessed on a case by case basis to find a solution. Common causes for rent arrears in Benton County may include the following.

  • -Unexpected job loss.
  • -Excessive medical bills or debts.
  • -A death of spouse or divorce.

There are many other reasons why someone may need emergency rent or energy bill help. Those are just a few of the more common ones. No matter the cause, it is recommended to apply for a housing program before an eviction notice has been issued as the application process can often take weeks. Also, any funds to help with rent will be paid directly to the landlord or property owner. The client will never be given money directly. Call a charity or Benton County government agency below for more details.

Benton Franklin Community Action Connections
There are several offices of this non-profit community action agency. The programs vary. Some provide grants to pay rent and others coordinate legal aid or transitional housing. Call a center for details on how to get Eviction Prevention Assistance or to make inquires into loans to help with rent, deposit programs, or other financial support.
The non-profit also coordinates transitional housing assistance that will assist from 91 days up to 24 months. This, as well as deposit help, is part of rapid rehousing.
Also dial the Coordinated Entry System only at 211 first, as referrals are needed.
Edge of Benton County residents. Dial (509) 545-4042
424 6th St, Suite 2, Prosser, Washington 99350, (509) 786-3379





Disability programs – Community Action of Benton (dial Coordinated Entry System at 211) supports the mentally or physically disabled. Funds can pay security deposits or first months rent. The applicant needs to be homeless and either living on the streets or in a shelter. Find additional sources of housing for the disabled.

OIC of Washington – Benton County
Migrant Seasonal Farmworker Program
Phone: (509) 545-0484
Low income farmworkers can get help. There is financial assistance for rental costs, gas for job search, job training, and more. The non-profit helps with urgent housing needs.

Benton Franklin Legal Aid Society
7103 W Clearwater Ave, Suite C
Kennewick, WA, 99336
Main phone - (888) 201-1014
Lawyers help with civil family law issues. There is free help in applying for SSI, free legal advice for landlord tenant disputes, power of attorney, eviction help, and other support.

Domestic Violence Services Of Benton County
Address is 3311 W Clearwater Ave, Suite C140
Kennewick, Washington 99336
Main phone (509) 582-9841
Assistance is given to  victims of domestic violence. The focus is on housing needs. The support includes information on affordable apartments, rent help to stop an eviction, or security deposit assistance.

River of Life MCC - ANSIL House
2625 W Bruneau Pl
Kennewick, Washington 99336
For intake, dial (509) 628-4047
The charity offers transitional and permanent housing for homeless families as well as individuals under the age of 25.




Benton County Department Of Human Services (DHS)
7102 W Okanogan Pl, Suite 201
Kennewick, WA, 99336
Phone - (509) 737-3946
Referrals are given to tenants facing homelessness. There is an access and assessment service in place.


“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy