latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State & Local Resources

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff and Money

Extra Income and Home Work

Public Assistance

Disability Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Emergency Rent Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

LIHEAP Assistance

Telephone Assistance

Help with Water Bills

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Prescriptions

Free Community Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Loans For Bills

Automobile Loan Assistance

Free Cash Loans

Debt Help

Mortgage Help

How to Save Money

Financial Literacy Help

Search the Website


Get help with rent in the Atlanta area.

Below are charities, churches, and government programs to call for help paying rent in the Atlanta Georgia region. Some of the organizations can also offer security deposits, shelters, eviction prevention, and help pay for utilities to stop homelessness. Get information below on who to call for emergency rental assistance as well as housing services.

Almost all non-profits in Atlanta have limited funding, so unfortunately everyone who needs assistance will not be able to get help with paying rent. Each one of the organizations will also have its own application process and income criteria that need to be met. We recommend that you call each Atlanta organization to learn more. Inquire with them on how to apply for rental or housing assistance, or ask for referrals.

Atlanta Salvation Army - The charity organization provides, among other things, housing counseling and referrals to other comprehensive crisis centers and government programs. Also get emergency financial assistance, which is available to families and persons in a crisis situation in the areas of lodging, rent help, shelter, and even utility bill and cooling assistance. Call (404) 486-2710.

Achor Center – Is one of the local Atlanta agencies that runs section 8 housing vouchers in Atlanta. Programs are targeted at elderly persons, single homeless women, grandparents with grandchildren as well as low income women with children. Subsidizes are offered too.

St. Vincent De Paul Society, Inc. - A partnership of local churches that may be able to offer limited amounts of rent assistance. Other social services are available as well, such as information on transitional housing or short term loan programs. Volunteers from St. Vincent visit the applicants home in Atlanta before any funds for paying housing or rental expenses are approved. Call (770) 458-5415 or (678) 892-6160.

Buckhead Christian Ministry – A couple thousand people are helped per year. The goal is to prevent homelessness in Fulton County and the city. The not-for profit can help people pay their mortgage payments, rent, cooling or utility bills. Both short and long term assistance is offered. Assistance is offered as part of the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Fund. (404) 239-0058




Concerned Black Clergy Of Metropolitan Atlanta is a faith based charity that helps minorities as well as the black community. Financial help, with a focus on rent assistance and eviction prevention, is offered from the office at 1583 Westhaven Dr., SW Atlanta, Georgia 30311. Bring a copy of eviction letter, details on employment, and amount of rent arrears due. Call (404) 755-4900.

Martin Luther King Sr. Community Resources Collaborative helps the low to moderate income who are in a crisis. There is financial help for rent, life skills coaching, job search programs, and other resources. Any money or referrals to help with rent or mortgages from their office at 101 Jackson St., N.E., Atlanta, GA 30312 is combined with vocational and credit counseling. Phone number is  (404) 460-8321.

Hosea Helps only covers Fulton County. Rent and even utility help is part of their homeless prevention program. Dial (404) 755-3353. There is also access to the disabled as well as grants (or even rent loans) for those in a housing crisis. The application address is 4779 Mindy Dr., Atlanta, Georgia 30336.

Ben Hill United Methodist Church - This non-profit church agency is offering housing, rent, and other assistance to people in hardship situations for South Fulton County. 2099 Fairburn Rd., SW, Atlanta, Georgia 30331, dial (678) 891-0710

JF&CS Atlanta and Fulton County provides support services. There may be one time emergency rent help, deposits, or mortgage grants from the Emergency Financial Assistance Program. The main goal is on self-sufficiency though, such as education, career skills, etc. But that can be combined with rent or housing programs. The address is 4549 Chamblee Dunwoody Road, Atlanta, GA 30338. For information call 770-677-9300

Cascade Community Services, Inc. - Financial assistance, including rent, for low income individuals and families may be available. 3144 Cascade Rd., SW, Atlanta, GA 30311, telephone (404) 691-4360





Clifton Sanctuary Ministries - All clients need to be males over the age of 35 with no income and they need to have a referral. They operate an emergency shelter and can help people who are homeless find a new apartment. Get referrals and information on public and low income apartments. They do not currently have funds for paying rent, but instead offer transitional housing and other support to males. (404) 373-3253

Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority of 1690 Chantilly Dr. in Atlanta ((404) 320-0166) provides programs and services, including financial assistance for paying rent.

Midtown Assistance Center - A couple thousand people receive assistance from this non-profit every year. If you have a job, but are faced with a short term financial hardship, then the Atlanta Georgia Midtown Assistance Center may be able to provide you with rent assistance and other services. The zip codes served for rent and housing assistance are 30303, 30308, 30309, 30310, 30312, 30313, 30314, 30315, 30318, as well as 30363. Call (404) 681-5777

Action Ministries is a leading housing organization in Georgia. They coordinate shelter and transitional housing, may be able to refer low income families to emergency rental assistance, and more. The non-profit is involved in offering several housing, security deposit, loan programs and rent services in Fulton County. Continue with housing assistance from Action Ministries.

Georgia Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty offers eviction prevention and referrals to other rental assistance programs in Fulton County. Attorneys or paralegals can offer mediation for landlord/tenant disputes and free legal aid. Or learn about funds or loans for rent payments, housing discrimination assistance, or help with security deposits. Other housing aid is offered too. Atlanta Georgia based, (404) 681-0680.

Partnership Against Domestic Violence - Battered women who want to leave abusive situations may be able to apply for help from this organizations housing programs. The agency offers rent assistance and other financial aid for battered women and people who are victims of domestic abuse. (404) 870-9600

AID Atlanta is only for people with HIV and/or AIDS. Call (404) 870-7700. There may be housing, medical care, rent help, and other support services from the office at 1605 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309.

Travelers Aid of Metropolitan Atlanta -  Newcomers to the Fulton County Georgia community, residents in crisis, and low-income travelers, can get financial assistance. Specifically the organization's Housing Outreach Prevention Emergency Services program provides the first month's rent and security deposits for women and children who are escaping unsafe and/or abusive situations. (404) 817-7070





Latin American Association offers financial aid (including for back rent) from the Atlanta Outreach Center. Address is 308 N. Clayton St., Lawrenceville, GA 30046. Any funds to help pay housing (rental or utility costs) are combined with resume programs, shelters, transitional housing, ESL classes and even debt programs. Dial (678) 205-1018. Rental assistance and other programs are for Latinos. Hispanic, and immigrants.

Project Community Connections, Inc., which is also known as PCCI, only assists veterans. Rent help is offered from Supportive Services for Veteran Families/SSVF. Financial aid is for the homeless or veteran tenants near evictions. There is also shelter, transitional housing, as well as security deposit or rent help grants for members of the military (or veterans). Call  (404) 215-9991, or stop by 302 Decatur St., Atlanta, Georgia 30312.

St. Martin in the Fields Emergency Assistance Fund helps residents of zip codes 30319 and 30341. Get financial assistance for paying rent and energy bills. Call (404) 261-4292.

Referrals service in Fulton County - Hundreds of families and children are helped every year. They can be placed into a new home or apartment, receive funds for paying rent and utility security deposits, free eviction prevention help, and get some short term rent assistance. The goal is to stop homelessness and rehouse Atlanta area families. Call 404-614-1000.

Metro Atlanta Task Force for the Homeless provides several housing and emergency rental assistance programs. A hotline can refer Fulton County families to their Day Service Center, shelters, or financial help from the Rent/Deposit Assistance Program. Other support is offered too. Read more on Metro Atlanta Task Force for the Homeless.

North Fulton Community Charities, Inc. - It offers emergency assistance and other support. The non-profit can assist the low income and working poor with paying housing type expenses including utilities, housing expenses, mortgage, or rent if they are past due. It can even help pay a security deposits. 11270 Elkins Rd., Roswell, Georgia 30076, call (770) 640-0399.

Rehousing and eviction assistance is part of the HUD McKinney-Vento (HEARTH Act) as well as Emergency Solution Grants. Tenants can receive money from this program for their rent, and the homeless may qualify for motel vouchers, housing placement, and more. Any HUD funds for rental or housing costs will require the Fulton County family to be close to stability. More on Atlanta eviction help and rehousing.





Atlanta Children's Shelter – Note they do not offer rent help. What they do offer is free daycare for women who live in a homeless shelter.


By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy

Search Site