Assistance from United Community Action Program in Oklahoma.

The Oklahoma counties of Kay, Creek, Noble, Osage, and Pawnee are covered by the United Community Action Program. This is a non-profit community action agency that is focused on assisting the poor, low income, and unemployed. Some emergency services are available for paying electric, water bills, rent, and more, when funding is available. Other resources can include Head Start, food for children, and more.

The Emergency Services from UCAP can help with paying past due bills and expenses. This program, while limited in scope, assists working poor individuals and families with paying their past due water, natural gas, electric and propane bills when assistance is available. Or when resources are limited, loans may be issued by the agency. Funds to be used towards rental assistance may occasionally be available as well. It is generally offered for eviction and homeless prevention. This, and other aid, is from the United CAP offices located in Perry, Pawnee and Blackwell.

Referrals are available too. The agency has information on food pantries and clothes closets in Kay, Creek, and other regions. This and other aid is available for people that are struggling. Or inquire into government benefits such as LIHEAP or food stamp programs.

The Pawnee County Area Health Center (PCAHC) is a key partner organization of United Community Action Program (UCAP). Together they help the low income, uninsured, and less fortunate in the region. Basic needs are addressed by the health center.

Medical and prescription needs can be met by those that qualify. There are a couple clinic sessions held per month. One is in Pawnee at 501 Beck Dr. and the other is Cleveland located at 1390 W. Cherokee. While no appointment is necessary, patients need proof of income and hardship status.

Both Early Head Start and Head Start assist hundreds of children and their parents per year. The child development programs provide educational opportunities and social services to both parents and child in the region. The support goes a long way towards preparing each child to become a student for a lifetime of learning and development. Both of the programs meet the needs of the child and the entire family for that matter.

Through referral or direct service, families enrolled into Head Start are ensured assistance with adult education, disability services, child development, adult health care, emergency services, and mental health needs. United Community Action Program uses federal and state of Oklahoma funding to operate several centers in all counties, including Creek and Pawnee. Many local teachers and other specialists also help out on the program.




The UCAP community action agency also runs the CACP, Children and Adult Food Care Program. This is run in partnership with day care centers, senior homes, and nursing facilities. It serves free nutritious meals to children in DHS Oklahoma licensed Daycare homes and related facilities. The agency offers the providers training, support, assistance, and of course the food to serve.

Parents from the community will be assured that their children who participate in this federal government sponsored food program at their local day care site are receiving well balanced, high quality meals.

United Community Action Program operates from several counties in the region. They also work with non-profits that offer many of the resources. For more information, dial a number below.

Kay County. For information, contact Associated Charities-580-363-1920
Pawnee County residents can call United CAP. The main number is 918-762-3041
Noble County, Operation Blessings. Main phone - 580-336-3313
Or the main office is located at 501 6th Street, Pawnee, OK 74058, telephone: (918) 762-3041.




“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy