Rental and housing assistance in Tioga, Susquehanna, Wayne County area.
The main government Human Services, charities, and churches that provide emergency rent assistance as well as housing programs in the Tioga, Susquehanna, Wayne, and Wyoming County region are below. Tenants may get a rant or loan to pay back rent or a security deposit. There is also free legal aid for housing court, homeless shelters, as well as Housing and Urban Development (HUD) section 8 vouchers for the poor, seniors, and very low income.
The funding is limited. Any money to pay rent or energy bills, or moving costs, in the Susquehanna, Wayne County are surrounding region comes with restrictions. The financial aid is generally combined with case management, furniture, job programs, and other resources to help stabilize the family.
Each County has a Department of Human Services. They operate the federal government ESA grant program. It helps pay for all housing costs, whether rent, mortgages, or utilities. It can help stop eviction or foreclosure. ESA also pays for rehousing, meaning storage costs, security deposits, motel rooms, or moving expenses along with first months rent.
- Sullivan County Assistance Office is at 918 Main Street, Laporte , PA 18626. Residents can dial (570) 946-7174
- Tioga County tenants or homeless can dial (570) 724-4051. The address for ESA applications is 11809 Route 6, Wellsboro, PA 16901.
- Susquehanna County Assistance Office is at 111 Spruce Street in Montrose, Pennsylvania 18801. Telephone - 888-753-6328.
- Wyoming County DHS - 608 Hunter Highway, Suite 6. Tunkhannock, PA 18657-0490. Phone - 570-836-5171.
- Wayne County Assistance Office for rent or housing help - 15 Innovation Drive, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania 18436-8800. Call 570-253-7100.
Tioga Bradford Housing & Redevelopment
Address is 4 Riverside Plaza
Blossburg, PA 16912
Phone - (570) 638-2151
The disabled (mentally or physical) can apply for Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (TBRA). It is a short term, emergency program that pay rent while waiting on section 8 vouchers.
Susquehanna County Interfaith - Community Ministry
The office is at 17120 State Route 706
Montrose, Pennsylvania 18801
Telephone - (570) 278-1776
Free items, including furniture for the low income, is combined with eviction help, funds to pay rent or deposits, and other financial aid. They also help single mothers as well as women or children fleeing domestic violence. Limited free motel or hotel vouchers are given out as well.
Salvation Army of Tioga as well as Susquehanna County regions
There are multiple locations for Westfield, Cowanesque, Harrison Valley, Sabinsville, and other towns. Emergency services include substance abuse counseling, emergency utility or rent help, food, a Family Store and funds for tenants with an eviction letter. More on Salvation Army Pennsylvania financial assistance.
North Penn Legal Services
Location is 304B St. James St. Complex
Mansfield, Pennsylvania 16933
Legal Assistance Hotline: 1-877-953-4250
The pro-bono law firm offers free legal aid to stop evictions or foreclosures. They also help with applying for benefits, including disability or section 8.
Grace Episcopal Church
Address is 827 Church St
Honesdale, PA 18431
Dial (570) 253-2760
A homeless shelter is offered. There may be meals or clothes. Other housing resources may be a few dollars for rent or other bills.
Tioga County Homeless Initiative
Location is 2580 Charleston Rd
Mansfield, Pennsylvania 16933
Phone: (570) 439-9383
Low income, unemployed, and working poor can learn about housing assistance. Rent, moving cost help, deposits, loans, and other financial aid as well as permanent housing resources.
Section 8 HUD vouchers is an income based rental housing program. Low income families, seniors, or disabled pay 30% of their income for their rent. There are also home buying service, self-sufficiency, and more.
- Tioga/Bradford County Housing Authority, 112 Dorsett Heights, Mansfield, PA 16933. Phone (570) 638-2151
- Wyoming County Housing Authority is at 133 Sj Bailey Rd, Nicholson, Pennsylvania 18446. Call (570) 942-6155
- Wayne County Housing Authority, 130 Carbondale Rd, Waymart, PA 18472. Telephone number is (570) 488-6069
- Susquehanna County Housing - 11 Public Ave, Montrose, Pennsylvania 18801. Main number is (570) 278-3011