Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, Power County assistance programs.
Several different non-profit agencies, charities, government programs, and community action agencies service this area of Idaho. They administer a number of low income assistance programs to help pay rent, energy bills, that offer free food, health care, and other aid.
Community Action Partnership 6 - This is a non-profit, private funded agency which was created to help serve both the socially as well as economically disadvantaged residents in need by responding to their specific needs. Case workers try to help them make it through a difficult period. The agency can enable them to become self-sufficient over the long term, and provide short term help, while at the same time helping them reach their full potential through educational, individual, social, and other assistance.
Just a sampling of some of the services and assistance that is offered may include, but is not limited to, free food commodities, emergency groceries heating and energy bill assistance, as well as gently used and discounted clothing,. The non-profit will also have limited financial assistance for paying bills or rent that is dependent upon funding sources or government aid, special housing programs, and telephone assistance. Other locations are available in Soda Springs (208) 547-4257), Montpelier dial (208) 847-1462, Preston 208) 852-1515, and American Falls (208) 226-7330).
Fort Hall Community Access Program - Call them to apply for the low income energy assistance program (LIHEAP) for members of federally recognized Tribes who are classified as working poor, in poverty, or low income. Assistance is also available for receiving free food.
The agency may make referrals to other agencies, charities, or non-profits when appropriate. In addition, they run the Project Share assistance program, which is available for all eligible or qualified residents of the reservation), Rental Assistance, Housing Counseling, and homeless shelter is also on site. Call (208) 478-3866 or 1-800-926-2588.
Southeastern Idaho Community Action Agency (SEICAA) - The community action agency of the southeaster area of the state that supports the unemployed, working poor, and low income in Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, and Power Idaho. They fund several financial assistance programs, and have information on others.
- Foreclosure Intervention and Default Counseling is administered by highly trained counselors, and they provide initial intake and mortgage delinquency counseling. They also perform triage for the homeowner, in directing them to various government programs and non-profit agencies. In addition, the agency can provide foreclosure assistance in reestablishing a budget through one-on-one housing and Credit Counseling and financial workshops.
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - Apply to the program to get access to cash benefits and grants to assist with paying winter heating and electric bills.
- Fuel funds - These are in addition to LHEAP. The community action agency partners with companies to provide heating oil, emergency financial assistance, and other aid. They also partner with local Idaho utility assistance programs.
- Weatherization - Access ways to save on energy bills, and free home repairs and updates, including repairs to broken windows, weather-stripping, floor and attic insulation, caulking and much more.
- Housing and Rent Assistance - They are a certified Housing and Urban Development (HUD), member of Idaho Housing and Finance (IHFA), as well as USDA Rural Development.
- Referrals may be available to programs for paying security deposits, transitional housing, or zero interest loans. Support is for the region and counties of Franklin, Oneida and other towns in Idaho.
- Other assistance programs offered include Meals on Wheels, Head Start, Veterans Services, and general counseling.
While Southeastern Idaho Community Action Agency (SEICAA) has several offices around the SE Idaho region, you can dial (208) 852-1515 to learn more or apply for help. Read more on Southeastern Idaho Community Action Agency assistance programs.
North Bingham County Community Food Bank (dial (208) 881-5106 or (208) 357-5124) is based in Shelley Idaho and provides free food. There are groceries offered today, meals on wheels and access to a thrift store. Click here for additional Idaho food banks and pantries.
Reduced priced health care in southeastern Idaho
Health West Clinic - This clinic is a non-profit healthcare organization. Medical centers are currently located in American Falls, Lava Hot Springs, Downey, and Aberdeen Idaho. The Health West clinic offers certain patients access to a sliding fee schedule for uninsured persons, low income patients or insured patients with high deductibles.
So patients need to pay only what they can afford towards their bills. In addition Health West accepts private insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid. Doctors, nurses and medical professional at the clinic can also assist patients with reducing free or reduced cost prescription medications. Patients can get help and access to health care regardless of their income or ability to pay their medical bills.
Health West focuses on medically under served areas and populations and low income. The clinic focuses on rural communities, low income and uninsured persons, the elderly, migrant and seasonal farm workers and families. (208) 232-7862