latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



State Financial Resources

Assistance Programs by County

Rent Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Extra Income & Work From Home Jobs

Public Assistance

Disability Assistance Programs

Section 8 Housing

Senior Assistance

Free Job Training

Free Money

Grants For Bills

Free Clothes & Supplies

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Medical Bill Help

Free Healthcare

Free Medical Clinics

Free Dental Clinics

Car Loan Assistance

Interest Free Loans

Debt Help

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Share and Care House programs.

The non-profit agency known as Share and Care House provides several forms of assistance to the less fortunate. While the focus is on addressing housing and offering homeless prevention programs, other resources are also administered. Programs are available in several counties, including Pierce and King County in Washington state as well as portions of nearby Oregon, including Washington County.

There are several transitional housing units and low income apartments that the agency is involved in running, and Share and Care will also address the root cause of the hardship. So they offer payee services, case management, and can help individuals obtain employment. A wide range of services are made available to clients.

Homelessness is increasing and is a threat facing many people. It is often caused by the still challenging job market and volatile economy. In an effort to help people facing eviction or that are on the verge of homelessness, Share & Care House has broadened its services to deal with both emergency shelter and transitional housing. Most of the aid is for families with children, including single parents. The resources are coordinated by its partner, Access Point 4 Housing, which can be called at 253-682-3401.

Homeless prevention can be provided in the form of one time rent or utility bill assistance. Share & Care House will often receive funding through Pierce County Community Connections/Department of Commerce, and they also partner with Access Point for Housing (AP4H) for those in-need families who need help paying rent and utilities.

Any recipients of this financial assistance do not receive cash benefits, but they may be provided a loan or credit on an account. In order to qualify for help, all potential candidates must be at-risk for homelessness, eligible for the DSHS/MCS programs, or are homeless. They also need to receive a referral to Share and Care House by contacting AP4H at (253) 682-3401. All of these criteria must be in order before any of the application process can start moving forward for these in need clients.

Low income apartments are run as well, and as one example, in Puyallup, Washington, there is a newly renovated duplex for those in-need clients at risk for homelessness or currently living on the streets. This location has dozens of low cost, emergency housing units, and is run through the Independence House of Puyallup program. Case Managers assist low income and in need families to review available options and resources, such as job placement, to help them get back on the path of self-reliance.




Independent Families is a service that provides a variety of services and resources for families that are struggling. Clients are assigned a Program Navigator who assists them throughout the case management process, and they will review options available to them.

Participants of this service select their desired place to live in counties such as King and with guidance from the program, enter into a lease with their landlords. After receiving permission from the clients, Share & Care House works directly with the landlord to help make them eligible for the housing of their choice.

Once this has been established, the property must pass inspection for the health and safety of the future resident. Financial aid may be offered too, as rent and utility bill assistance is given for up to one year for these families. The goal of the Independence House of Puyallup and Independent Families programs is to lead families out of homelessness or the threat of eviction to a life of long term self-sufficiency.

Protective Payee Services are managed through a collaboration between Department of Social & Health Services (DSHS) as well as the non-profit Share and Care House. After determining which individuals or families need assistance, DSHS selects beneficiaries for this service.

Any type of grants or benefits are then issued by DSHS on behalf of the families/individuals to the Share and Care House. In turn, the Protective Payee Specialists work with the clients to make sure bills as well as rent is paid in a timely manner and within their established budget set by DSHS. This is all reviewed via audits of the Share & Care House records which are conducted a few times per year. This service is free of charge to those clients who met eligibility as determined by the state of Washington.

There is an opportunity for at risk individuals to reside in single occupancy supportive housing in Puyallup, Washington or parts of Oregon as well. These newly renovated units are available to offer safe and affordable housing to individuals while they work with a Program Navigator to gain stability. In order to meet eligibility, applicants must be chronically homeless and disabled as well as reside in Pierce County with an income less than 50% of the area median.

Clothing is also available. Share and Care House also runs a small Clothing Bank in the Puyallup and Tacoma Washington Offices. These banks are open to those in need who reside in the community, with a focus on clothes for work and school needs.





Locations and phone numbers

There are a few office that residents can call upon. The main addresses are.

  • 3418 McKinley Ave, Tacoma, WA 98404, call 253-564-4177
  • 121 6th Ave SW, Puyallup, Washington 98371, Phone: 253-841-8886
  • 11460 First Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98168, main phone 206-764-4849
  • 3418 McKinley Ave, Tacoma, Washington 98404, dial 253-564-4194
  • The Oregon office is at 13855 Pacific Hwy Tigard, Oregon 97223. The number is 503-684-8882.

By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site