latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed2



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Rental and security deposit assistance Rockwall County.

In a crisis, there are several places to turn to for emergency rental assistance in Rockwall County. Some churches offer homeless shelters or funds, charities provide grants or loans to help with paying rent, and there are government options including section 8 HUD vouchers. Or free attornaeys and legal aid can contest or stop an eviction. Find emergency help as well as long term support below, including for security deposits, utility bills, or back rent.

The goal is to always stop homelessness. This is why an agency may help pay rent or a utility bill (such as water or electric) if it required to stop an eviction. There are also non-financial forms of aid. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  • Free legal aid from local Rockwall County lawyers.
  • Case management.
  • Rehousing into a new, more affordable home or apartment, including rent subsidized apartments from HUD section 8.

The agencies below may assist. Funds are limited. Call to apply for grants or loans for paying housing costs. Or learn about single mom rent help, storage or moving assistance, and other support.

Rockwall County Society Of St. Vincent De Paul
Location is 1305 Damascus Rd
Rockwall, Texas 75087
Call (972) 772-8875 or 972-771-6671
Various social services are offered. Emergency rent help, clothes, furniture for low income families, energy help and more. Any rent assistance is combined with other programs.

Rockwall County Helping Hands, Inc.
Main address is 401 Rusk St.
Rockwall, TX 75087
Telephone - 972-771-4357
Rent help is part of short term financial aid. The low income, working poor, unemployed, seniors, and disabled can get help. There are free household items, shelters or free motel vouchers for transient people, referrals and more. More on rent help from Helping Hands in Rockwall.




Grants from Referral and Information line
Rockwall, Texas 75087
Intake number is (214) 379-4638
This is a United Way affiliated service. Get free information on all housing and financial aid programs including rent, mortgages, public housing, loans from non-profits, utility help, SSI disability resources, and more. Rent assistance is only one resources available.

Royse City Housing Authority
305 N. Houston St.
Royse City, TX 75189
Main number is (469) 707-3502
They only assist this city. Section 8 rent subsidies and low income housing is available.

Texas Council of Governments
The regional community action agency. Call (866) 904-8647. Information on government grants (including for rent), weatherization, and other housing services. It is a non-profit that uses CSG grants from the federal government.

Society of St. Stephen, United Methodist Church
1200 Yellow Jacket Road
Rockwall, Texas
(972) 771-5500
No matter region, some cash aid may be provided. It can help with rent, utility or security deposits, storage costs and more. They also help immigrants, provide food, shelter, and other resources.

Salvation Army of Rockwall County
Social service center is at 3021 Ridge Road #51
Rockwall, Texas 75032
(972) 646-0619
Free food, money for rent, furniture (beds, tables, etc.) and more. They help the homeless, single moms and others pay their bills, rent, or mortgages. Case management also given.





Rockwall Housing Authority
Address is Lake Meadows Dr.
Rockwall, Texas 75087
Call (972) 771-0211 or (972) 722-9151
Assistance from section 8 HUD vouchers. It is a rent stability program. Income based housing is offered from PHA.

Rockwall County Texas Legal Aid
Tenants facing evictions can call (214) 823-2733. Lawyers offer free legal advice to the low income and elderly.


By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page