Rental assistance Macomb County.
Find how to get rental assistance in Macomb County Michigan for low-income families. Locate community action agencies, charities, churches and organizations that offer financial help to pay housing costs. Get emergency assistance for back rent, grants to pay security deposits or motel vouchers as well as free eviction defense services from lawyers. Find rental assistance programs near you in Macomb County MI below.
Financial assistance, counseling, and a number of other housing services can be provided to help individuals avoid homelessness and stay in their homes or apartments. The agencies in Sterling Heights, Warren and across Macomb County MI are all dedicated to assisting individuals with paying their rent and other critical housing expenses. Or locate section 8 vouchers as well as low-income apartments that have no waiting list.
The homeless can get help too. There is homeless prevention and rapid rehousing, and a number of other rent or deposit assistance programs. Case managers offer tenants options, and the goal is to assist low income residents of the county. Many can even direct individuals to federal government or Michigan rental assistance programs too.
Organizations that help with paying rent in Macomb County
Macomb County Community Action Centers serve most cities and towns. A number of programs, and housing resources are offered for the low income, people in poverty, unemployed, single moms and anyone who needs help. The assistance provided includes emergency rent and housing assistance. There is also information and referrals on Michigan and federal government assistance programs including section 8 from HUD. Or access low income, no wait list housing information.
The non-profit also has a low income housing list, and offers rental programs and advice for landlord-tenant issues. A number of other services are provided too, such as food, utilities, and other aid.
- North Action Center – This office helps individuals in the following towns and cities. Armada, Bruce Township, Chesterfield Township (north of 23 Mile Road), Lenox, Macomb Township (north of 23 Mile Road), Memphis, New Baltimore (north of 23 Mile Road), New Haven, Ray, Richmond, Romeo, Shelby Township (north of 23 Mile Road), or Washington Township. Location is 58144 Gratiot, New Haven, MI 48048. Phone 586-749-5146
- Central Action Center – This location supports residents of Chesterfield Township (south of 23 Mile Road), Clinton Township, Fraser, Harrison Township, Macomb Township (south of 23 Mile Road), Mount Clemens, New Baltimore (south of 23 Mile Road), Shelby Township (south of 23 Mile Road), St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, or Utica Michigan. Address is 16 Market Street, Mount Clemens, MI 48043, phone 586-469-6964
- South Community Action Center – If you live in Roseville, Center Line, Eastpointe, or Warren Michigan, call this location for assistance, including referrals to loans for paying back rent. Address is 22856 Ryan Road, Warren, MI 48091, dial 586-759-9150.
- There are other assistance programs offered too. More on financial help from Macomb County community action.
Michigan Department of Human Services provides services to both Macomb County Michigan as well as the entire state as part of SER grant money. A number of housing programs are offered, including emergency rental assistance and mortgage payment help. The non-profit also has low income housing lists for senior citizens, assisted living, nursing homes, retirement communities, security deposit funds and respite care.
The lists can help people find affordable homes or apartments to live in. As part of this, Macomb DHS may also help pay a portion or rental or utility deposits. The three main offices are in Macomb County, and they are located at the following:
- Sterling Heights - 41227 Mound Rd, Sterling Heights, MI 48314. Dial 586-254-1500 for information on housing assistance.
- Mount Clemens area DHS for rent help is at 44777 N Gratiot Ave, Clinton Twp, MI 48036. Call (586-469-7700.
- Warren DHS address is 13041 E 10 Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48089. Call 586-427-0600
Macomb Department of Planning & Economic Development runs the Homelessness Prevention and Rapid Re-Housing Program. It can pay for security deposits, first month’s rent, or storage costs. Some clients can get ongoing support too, including recurring monthly rent expenses. Dial (586) 469-6451
Macomb County Senior Citizen Services (call 586-469-6313). The agency has housing assistance vouchers, including section 8, for very low income people, including the disabled as well. The address is 21885 Dunham Rd # 6, Clinton Twp, MI 48036.
Community Housing Network – Offers transitional housing for individual adults, pregnant women, and low income families. They are also a great place to contact for referrals to housing and rent assistance programs. The network can provide information on no-interest loans, and security deposits can also be paid for. Dial 866-282-3119 or (248) 928-0111.
Macomb County Legal Aid can provide free advice to tenants facing evictions. Or lawyers, on a pro-bono basis, can offer support to low-income families on disputes over unpaid rent or deposits, unsafe housing, and similar issues. Information is available at 313.967-5800 or (313) 967-5555.
Veterans in Macomb County can get help from Southwest Solutions. Call 313.841.3727. There is grant money, financial help for rent from SSVF, free motel vouchers and more. Veterans facing eviction (and their families), or currently homeless ones can get help.
Macomb County Housing Vouchers - Section 8
Two local non-profits process applications. They are below. There are income, rent subsidized apartments, home loan buying programs, section 8 vouchers and more. A major focus is on the very low income.
- Busch Housing Services location is 40070 Hayes Rd, Clinton Twp, MI 48038. Dial (248) 524-1901
- Szajna & Associates - Address 50 Crocker Blvd Suite 100, Mt Clemens, MI 48043. Call (586) 468-1775
Samaritan House, which can be reached at 586-336-9956, supplies assistance in a limited region. The address is 62324 Van Dyke, Washington, MI 48094. It can provide financial support to community members. Priority is for the vulnerable, such as senior citizens or single parents with a job that are working. The towns of Washington, Ray, and Macomb are supported as well as other nearby regions. There may be money raised from the community for back rent as well as other housing costs.
The Salvation Army Warren Corps Community Center has emergency financial help for bills (rent), free or low cost furniture from a thrift store, motel voucher programs and more. Case management is also offered in Macomb County MI for low-income families, the working poor and others. The main address is 24140 Mound Rd, Warren, MI 48091. Call (586) 754-7400. Or find other details on Macomb County Salvation Army.
ESG is run by non-profits. Occasional government funding can provide funds for rental costs and energy bills to stop evictions. Any support is first come and served, and funds are limited. Other resources range from transitional housing to grants for first months rent to a now stable family. The phone number for referrals is 1--800-552-1183.
Macomb County Community Mental Health (PATH) – This non-profit can offer supportive services and first month's rent/security deposit assistance for the homeless and very low income in the community. The mentally disabled are a focus. Dial (855) 996-2264.
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com