Northwest Oklahoma assistance programs.
Get information on ways to get help in Alfalfa, Beaver, Blaine, Cimarron, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Harper, Kingfisher, Major, Texas, Woods, and Woodward Oklahoma. Assistance programs can help people pay rent, provide food, debt counsaeling, and other forms of asisstance. The charities and non-profits below may have resources available for people in the area. They can all also provide information on who to call if they can’t help you.
The Salvation Army is one of the leading non-profits in the area. They have several locations around the northwest Oklahoma region. The agency can provide free food, shelter, clothing, rent help, and assistance with paying for utilities, including cooling and heating bills. Dial 237-1910. You can also reach the Kingfisher location at (405) 375-3286.
Enid Community Clinic - This health care center may be able to offer either low cost or free medical care to the low income and uninsured in the community. Dial 233-5300. Some patients may be bill on a sliding scale, and they only need to pay what they can afford to pay.
Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma - May be able to provide pro-bono or free legal assistance to the low income in the area. Get help with civil (not criminal) legal problems and concerns. 1-888-534-5243.
Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Oklahoma offers many services and resources. They include a debt management plan, help making a budgeting, foreclosure prevention, and much more. Clients of this non-profit agency can meet with a housing and/or credit counselor for low cost or free confidential advice. Call 1800-364-2227. They also work with section 8 housing groups.
Opportunities, Inc. Community Action Agency supports residents in all of the counties. They offer several programs. While not all may be available in every county, you can get information on solutions that can help you with your need.
- Weatherization Program - This government created provide can provide free energy conservation services to the low income population. Weatherization has a long life span and will provide savings on utility bills for many years.
- Tax returns - The VITA Program offers free state and federal tax help to low-to moderate-income people who cannot prepare their own tax returns.
- RX Oklahoma - Patients can get savings on their prescription drugs from this assistance program.
- Food - Free food and groceries can be provided to both adults and children. They partner with both local and nation food banks to provide food.
- Head Start - They administer this education, health, and program for children in the area.
- Credit counseling - The agency can direct people to assistance programs from banks and lenders. For example click here for Bank of America assistance programs.
Call the Opportunities, Inc. Community Action Agency, which is based in Watonga, at (580) 623-7283.
Utility bill help - If you need help with your utility bills, and disconnection prevention, you need to call your County Department of Human Services. Each will administer the low income energy bill program. Eligibility for aid will be based on the households total income and financial assets. Low to moderate income households that do not receive any government or public assistance may also be eligible for home heating bill assistance programs and other financial aid. Look at your county’s phone number and ask them for help from the low income energy program.
First United Methodist Church, which is located in Hennessey and can be reached at (405) 853-2569, provides free food to people facing an emergency.
Victory United Methodist Church has programs that may be able to provide needy, low income residents with free food, cooling and utility bill assistance, prescription medications, and sundries. Also the non-profit may be able to assist with providing gas for the car (one fill up) for work or a medical emergency. Assistance is provided one time during the year up to $100 at most. Guymon OK. Call (580) 461-2613, or find more resources from Victory United Methodist Church.
Loaves and Fishes Food Cupboard - Provides food, hygiene items, groceries and other non-financial aid for people and families in need of help. (580) 338-0008