latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Morgan County assistance programs.

Help with heating bills

If you are having trouble or struggling with paying your heating bills, you may one of the thousands of families who are eligible and take advantage of a heating bill assistance program. There are resources and options for people who live in both West Virginia and Ohio that can help you pay your bills and stay warm, no matter what your heating source is.

Some of the options include the Washington/Morgan Community Action, which has the regular HEAP, or "Home Energy Assistance Program," which helps low income families pay both their heating and utility bills. This program is funded by the federal government, but it is run at the state level. In addition, there is also a Winter Crisis Program that can prevent the disconnection of utilities and heating service. This will provide people who are facing an emergency with a cash grant.

For more information or to apply to these programs, just call (740) 373-3745. For Morgan County, call (740) 962-3827. You can apply yearly from about November through March 31.

If you have never applied for aid before, or if you don't have a previous case with the program, be sure to bring the information that is required to apply, including verification of household income and a copy of the heating or utility bill you're requesting help with.

Weatherization program in Morgan County

In addition, the Eastern West Virginia Community Action Agency (304) 538-7711 also offers weatherization assistance. This is another federal government assistance program, but this one will help you save on your energy bills. The program will provide you with free energy saving upgrades to your home, such as additional insulation, weather stripping, caulking, and more. Contact the agency to learn more or apply for weatherization.

Social services and emergency assistance





There are a few agencies to call for referrals or direct financial assistance and grants for expenses such as bills, rent, and food. The leading organizations are below.

Salvation Army of Morgan County can be called at (304) 267-4612. This branch also supports several nearby towns and cities. Programs include free food, utility assistance; assistance with clothing, prescription assistance; house wares, beds from donations; assistance to fire victims-clothing, house wares, furniture;  Christmas assistance including meals and gifts and gasoline vouchers. Find more West Virginia Salvation Army locations.

The demand for financial support from the local Salvation Army is very high, especially for rental and housing support. So while the agency does have limited funding for Bath West Virginia residents, they do their best to help. Or they may offer referrals to other local services. Additional details Morgan Salvation Army.

Regional Resource Connection only provides referrals and general advice. They are part of the WV Department of Health and Human Resources. Location is 433 Mid-Atlantic Parkway, Martinsburg, West Virginia 25401. Call (304) 267-0100.




Help from Eastern West Virginia Community Action Agency - There are many other programs available from the non-profit. They have extensive information on federal government and public aid, such as SNAP food stamps, disability applications, and LIHEAP energy assistance. They also operate Head Start in Morgan County, help clients find employment, and may be able to offer rent, food, and housing resources from Community Service Block Grant. Click here.

Morgan County Emergency Assistance Team (M.C.E.A.T) is part of the Morgan County Interfaith Emergency Care, and MCEAT provides financial assistance. They offer emergency rent assistance with eviction notice; food pantry, grants and financial assistance for utility bills if someone has a disconnection notice, and more.  Applicants must first see assistance at DHHR from a social worker and obtain referral to MCEAT. 44 Bath Street, Berkley Springs, West Virginia 25411, telephone (304) 258-2487

Catholic Charities can be reached at (304) 267-8837, and financial help for utility bills may be offered is someone is faced with a shut off.




By Jon McNamara











Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page