Montgomery County Pennsylvania Salvation Army assistance programs.
Montgomery County Pennsylvania families may be able to receive emergency financial aid from the Salvation Army for non-recurring items. However the organization will focus more on self-sufficiency and long term support in order to end the cycle of poverty and low income. Many of the main social services and programs they administer for residents of Montgomery County are below. If they can't meet your need then they may offer referrals.
Using a wide variety of Social Services they attempt to offer educational, job training and physical programs to qualified clients. These various resources will attempt to develop the individuals mind, body, and their overall mental attitude. This includes long term support as well as job training and career counseling. Most of all case workers will offer clients an opportunity for development and stability.
The Salvation Army is one of the leading non-profit organizations in the the greater Montgomery County area. They will do what they can to meet their mission which really revolves around good casework of helping people to help themselves. All types of financial aid is given to individuals of all ages, races, and religions, without discrimination of any kind. All are welcome to apply for services to see if you qualify. Appointments will be required as well as referrals from other government agencies or social service organizations.
Case Management is the direct provision and coordination of Social and Human Services. It can address the financial and physical needs of the individual and the family. Explore all options that may be available to you. Clients will be able to meet with a trained specialist.
While more limited, the casework process may offer people material and cash assistance within budgetary limitations. As indicated it is for a non-recurring need or expense. For example, money my be for transportation, repairs, medicine, clothing and child care. The aid they offer is not long term, never ending charity care to say pay multiple months of rent.
Social Development Services is a diversified program for adults and youth in Montgomery County Pennsylvania. All of this is carried out in cultural, educational, recreational and spiritual programs. Workshops and classes are offered at The Salvation Army centers.
A Monthly Food Pantry is available. People will need to register well in advance and the distribution only occurs once per month. The hours are limited as well. Any applicants will of course need to meet eligibility requirements that are put into place by the Salvation Army. If you are selected to use the Montgomery County pantry you will need to be on site on the assigned dates and times and you can't miss your appointment.
A number of other programs and resources may be available as funding, volunteers, and donations allow.
- Self-sufficiency and employment assistance includes access to a computer, phone banks, and resume review.
- Food pantries and clothing closets may offer Montgomery County residents with free canned goods, clothing, and household items.
- Vouchers or direct financial aid may be the most common request, but it is limited. Those who are most at risk may receive money for homeless prevention (such as rent or energy bills) or maybe help for life threatening conditions (such as prescription medications).
- Christmas assistance from donations and the Angel Tree program may be offered too. The Salvation Army across Pennsylvania tries to ensure that all children, newborns and seniors are able to experience holiday joy.
- Senior housing is available in Pennsylvania. It gives the elderly an affordable place to live near their peers and they can join in other activities with them.
While there are centers located across the county, the main office is at 533 Swede St, Norristown, Pennsylvania 19401. Call (610) 275-4183.