latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Find help paying rent in Monmouth County.

A variety of housing expenses, including rental costs, can be paid by agencies across Monmouth County. Qualified low income families as well as individuals can seek help from organizations ranging from non-profit community organizations to charities and government agencies. Any assistance for rent will be limited and comes with a number of conditions.

The main agencies to call upon for help are below. Each will have specific eligibility conditions in place. As an example, some organizations will only offer rental assistance to senior citizens and other focus on immigrants. If one of the Monmouth County agencies can't assist with back rent or if they do not have funds or grants available, then they can often provide referrals to other emergency housing programs, including shelters or transitional homes.

Community Affairs and Resource Center has two offices in Monmouth County. Various programs, including around rental assistance and general guidance, is available. They also help immigrants and Spanish speakers. The homeless prevention service can provide a grant for back rent or a security deposit. Other assistance is for employment, domestic violence survivors, and support for senior citizens.
One office is at 913 Sewall Ave, Asbury Park New Jersey. Dial (732) 774 – 3282.
The second location is 12 Throckmorton St, Freehold NJ. Telephone - (732) 431 – 6977.

Community Outreach Group - Emergency Action Fund (EAF)
Address: 96 King's Hwy
Middletown  New Jersey
(732) 671 – 8775
Funds are offered for emergencies around rent, medications, and transportation. They support towns including, but not limited too, Aberdeen, Cliffwood, Hazlet, Holmdel, Keansburg, Leonardo, Lincroft, Matawan, Middletown, Port Monmouth and Union Beach, among many others.

Interfaith Neighbors
810 4th Ave
Asbury Park NJ
For information, the phone number is (732) 775 - 0525
Hundreds of residents receive rent help from their Homeless Prevention Program. This is for residents with a full time job only, but maybe they are considered working poor or facing a one time crisis. Ongoing subsides can be paid for rent, they offer information on low income apartments, and more.




Section 8 Subsidized Housing in Monmouth County
Dial  1-609-633-6150 for information on the waiting list in place.

Project Paul
211 Carr Ave
Keansburg, NJ, 07734
(732) 787 – 4887

Holy Family Church Conference
Union Beach, NJ, 07735
(732) 264 – 8132
Money can be used for security deposits, overdue rent, application or court fees to challenge evictions, and other housing expenses, such as utilities. All funds are paid directly to the Monmouth landlord.

Salvation Army - Red Bank
180 Newman Springs Rd
Red Bank, NJ, 07701
(732) 747 – 1626
Shelters is available as well as referrals.

180 Turning Lives Around is a non-profit that offers counseling. Staff will help clients find affordable housing, applying for grants such as for security deposits, and address other barriers. Address is 1 Bethany Rd, Hazlet, NJ, 07730. Call (732) 264 – 4111.

Monmouth County branch of Free Legal Services
Call (888) 576 – 5529
Clients that meet program terms, and seniors or the disabled regardless of their income, can get free advice. Lawyers will offer tips on fighting an eviction, represent some clients in court, and provide other housing support.

Red Bank, NJ, 07701
(732) 544 – 1975
Supportive housing include transitional and permanent apartments. The units are for low income homeless, disabled, or the elderly. They operate Class C Boarding Homes as well as independent apartments in partnership with HUD.





Monmouth County Division of Social Services is located in Freehold at 3000 Kozloski Road. Call 732-308-3770. The county has information on everything from public housing to federal government and state of New Jersey grant programs, TANF, and other financial aid.

SVdP Saint Benedict Church (Holmdel) Conference
Location of church is 165 Bethany Rd
Holmdel, New Jersey, 07733
(732) 264 - 4712
Another church based charity. Funds can help with energy bills, housing or rent, and more. Volunteers will also help place families into transitional housing or assist them in finding alternate sources of funds, such as no interest loans, from agencies in the region.

By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site