Mississippi County assistance programs
Arkansas Human Development Corporation of Blytheville Arkansas (phone (870) 762-2386) has limited financial assistance for paying energy, utility bills and rent for migrant and seasonal workers. Funding is limited and criteria must be met.
Mississippi County Arkansas Economic Opportunity Commission, Inc. is the local community action agency, and they provide access to several assistance programs.
- Utility bills - The agency may be able to provides assistance with making energy bill payments, depending on availability of funds and grants.
- Food assistance - The agency provides commodity, groceries and emergency free food.
- Help with finding jobs - The non-profit provides employment counseling and workshops, employer contacts, job finding services, job referrals, resume review, counseling, and follow-up activities are provided to those seeking employment in Mississippi County Arkansas.
- HEAP - This is the federal government low income energy bill program. Get information or application to HEAP at the agency.
- Weatherization - This program will install free energy conserving improvements to peoples homes.
Community action agencies are also great at providing referrals, case management, and help in applying for government aid such as LIHEAP, food stamps, and more. Work with a case manager to learn more about public assistance in Arkansas.
Call the Blytheville Arkansas based Mississippi County Arkansas Economic Opportunity Commission, Inc. at (870) 770-1054.
Blytheville Senior Center - East Arkansas Area Agency On Aging - This non-profit will only support senior citizens in Mississippi County. Information and linkage is given to everything from emergency utility and energy bill assistance from LIHEAP to free meals, Medicare applications and other grants. They can also help with housing and rent needs of low income senior citizens and their spouses. The center is at 1101 David Lane, Blytheville, Arkansas 72315, dial (870) 762-1222.
The Salvation Army Blytheville, phone (870) 776-1054, offers financial assistance with electric and gas bill only. Locate more Salvation Army locations in Arkansas. They can provide food, gifts, holiday meals, and other resources such as work and school uniforms.
Gosnell Baptist Church - This church facility provides food assistance and groceries to families of limited income in the community. Call (870) 532-5823
Grace Life Church - They are part of Angel Food Ministries, and they offer discounted or low priced food to the needy in the Mississippi County Arkansas area. (870) 762-1214
First United Church, which is located at 303 South Carthon Drive, may be able to provide basic needs. The free food pantry has groceries and holiday meals, and staff can refer families to programs such as SNAP food stamps. Osceola, AR 72370, telephone (870) 563-2688.