latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Mid-Kansas Community Action assistance programs.

Assistance and referrals available from Mid-Kansas Community Action Program are wide ranging. The non-profit works with low income families and those that are struggling to help them address their needs and regain self-sufficiency. This can include emergency financial aid for expenses such as rent, food or utilities and more longer term educational support and job placement.

There are several counties covered, including Butler, Reno, Chase, Cowley, Harper, Greenwood, Harvey, Kingman, Marion, and Sumner. The Mid-Kansas Community Action Program focuses on those that have a plan to self-sufficiency, with additional support for the elderly, children, and disabled.

Supportive Housing Program, or SHP, is for the homeless and those that were evicted. Staff from the non-profit community action agency can help them find, pay a security deposit on, and move into permanent housing. Case management services will also address and help them gain self-sufficiency.

A coordinator from Mid-Kansas CAP will work with Supportive Housing clients on setting, and following up on, short- and long-term goals. Some of what may be covered will include Asset Development, Money Management, Health and Stress Management, Job Training, Family and Social Support Skills and placement. For more information on SHP or other programs that may be able to help with locating a new apartment, or applying for a loan to pay the deposit on one, dial 316-775-3000.

The agency also runs low income housing as well. They manage several facilities that offer reduced rent to income qualified families. The units are located in Cassoday, Strong City, Severy, Madison, Rosalia,
Eureka, and other towns such as Atlanta. Phone 316-775-3000.

A number of other community services and emergency financial assistance programs are available, many be referrals. Mid-Kansas Community Action works with volunteers and local non-profit charities in the region, such as in Butler and Harper County, to help the less fortunate.

  • Employment needs are addressed, and this can include help in getting marketable skills to find the job that will make them self-sufficient. This includes job training and placement services.
  • Basic needs can be addressed. This may include grants to pay heating bills from LIHEAP or other programs, transportation, food, and clothing.




  • Self-sufficiency is a key offering from Mid-Kansas CAP. There is a process involved with workshops, classes and more.
  • Information on government benefits, both in Kansas and federal resources. Examples may be SNAP food stamps, SSDI disability applications and several others.
  • Other resources include free Income Tax Preparation, Rent and Utility Bill Assistance, Financial Counseling, Transportation, Food & Nutrition Supplements, and Head Start / Parenting Skills.

Employment assistance is a key focus of Mid-Kansas CAP. Especially in the challenging economy, all too many families in Sumner, Kingman, or Butler and nearby towns are either unemployed or underemployed. So the agency will help them with Improving Interview Techniques, Create and Edit a Professional Resume, and focus on Improving Job Search Results. There are even free computer labs in Harvey County and Butler County offices for the public. Call the centers at call 316-775-3000.

VITA, or free income tax preparation, is offered in partnership with the United Way. It covers advice, preparation and filing. VITA can help families by saving money on traditionally costly tax preparation and filing services.

Central Administration for Community Service Offices is located at 730 Cliff Drive, Augusta, KS 67010. Call the center at Call 316-775-3000 or 1-800-281-6373.

  • Butler County location, 400 W. Central, El Dorado, KS 67042, 620-583-9654
  • Chase County - 301 S. Walnut, Cottonwood Falls, Kansas 66845. Telephone number is 620-583-9654
  • Cowley County, 305 S. Summit, Arkansas City, KS 67005, main number 316-452-1326
  • Greenwood County, Call 620-583-9654
  • Harper County. Residents need to dial 316-452-1326
  • Harvey County, AGAPE Resource Center, 116 E. 6th, Newton, Kansas 671143. Main number is 316-217-2503.
  • Kingman County can be reached at 316-217-2503
  • Marion County, ESSDACK Learning Centers, 107 S. Main, Hillsboro, KS 67063, 316-217-2503
  • Reno County center can be reached at 316-217-2503
  • Sumner County, 305 S. Summit, Arkansas City, Kansas 67005, main number is 316-452-1326



By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site