latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Kansas uninsured medical and health care programs.

Individuals who do not have health insurance in Kansas can look into various programs for the uninsured. The government sponsors various resources and solutions for qualified low income patients who are under or uninsured. Families may qualify for financial assistance to pay their medical bills, health care costs, and other support.

Employers are cutting back on the coverage they offer to employees and those who have lost their job may also lose their insurance. When this occurs people can look into these government and non-profit medical assistance programs. Receive access to free prescription medications, check ups, consultations and much more.

Information on the leading resources in Kansas are below. The demand is high and there may be a waiting list. If an agency can't help you then they may offer qualified lower income, working poor, and uninsured families with referrals.

Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs, or CYSHCN, is for kids who are disabled or who have some form of serious or chronic medical condition. The applicant needs to be under the age of 22 and meet financial guidelines as well. The program can pay for expenses such as medications, equipment, and individuals can work with a professional for referrals and case management. 800-332-6262

Cancer screening for women is offered by Early Detection Works. The state will administer annual breast exams that will be performed by a local Kansas based nurse, doctor or physician. Women can receive annual mammograms, Pap tests and pelvic exams as well. It is offered for those under the age of 40. Call 877-277-1368.

The Kansas version of CHIP is known as HealthWave. The federal government helps oversee the Children's Health Insurance Program, which is sponsored coverage for uninsured children and teenagers who are under the age of 19. Coverage can even be offered for more moderate income families as well, not just the very low income. CHIP helps pay for a number of medical bills, including even dental care. 800-792-4884.




Substance Abuse Services is assistance offered for people with HIV/AIDS. Work with case managers and social workers in order to get assistance with substance abuse issues such as pain management, outpatient drug/alcohol treatment, and counseling. Call 785-368-8218.

ADAP - AIDS Drug Assistance Program will provide patients with FDA approved medications. All items are for people who are low income, have HIV and/or AIDs and who lack health insurance. 785-368-8218.

A dental care program is also made available for patients with HIV/AIDS. The state, working with non-profits and dentists, will provide routine cleanings, preventive oral hygiene and infection control. Other services include offered include dentures, extraction, fluoride and other procedures. Dial 785-368-8218 for intake.

Mental Health Services is also offered for HIV/AIDs. 785-368-8218

Primary Medical Care is also offered for uninsured people with HIV/AIDS. Receive medical care including diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of infections and other related diseases. It is often combined with the medication program, mental health, and other resources listed above. 785-368-8218

Housing may also be offered as part of Kansas Care Through Housing, or HOPWA. This is when the state and partner agencies will administer safe, affordable housing for those with HIV/AIDS. It can pay for rent, housing, utilities, mortgage, and other shelter costs. 785-368-8218




The KHIA - Kansas Health Insurance Association is individual health insurance coverage for people who were previously denied coverage due to some form of pre-existing condition. This is basically the state of Kansas's high-risk insurance pool, and it is offered in partner with the federal government. To apply, income limits are in place, applicants need to qualify under the Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPPA), or individuals needs to have been have been quoted insurance rates more than the existing KHIA rate. Those who enroll will need to pay some form of premium and contribute towards their bills. 800-362-9290

Very similar is the KS Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan. Applicants need to have lacked insurance for the last 6 months. It will pay for prescriptions, hospital expenses, and other costs. Dial 877-505-0511 for information or to enroll.

Children from uninsured families may sign up for the Vaccines for Children Program. Low cost or free services may be offered for students and younger residents. In order to participate, you will need to stop by a local community clinic or non-profit health center. Families will need to pay for a part of the prescription. Call 785-925-1990.




By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site