latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Rental assistance in Jackson County Michigan.

Renters who are struggling can get both (1) emergency assistance with paying housing costs as well as (2) long term support. Find help with rent, free grants, motel vouchers, or legal aid to stop an eviction from charities, churches, and government DHS agencies in Jackson County Michigan. There are a couple different homeless prevention and rapid rehousing programs that offer emergency rental assistance as well as funds to pay for moving costs or security deposits in Jackson.

Income and other criteria need to be met. Some rent assistance programs are for veterans only, such as SSVF. Others may help the mentally or physically disabled. There are also rehousing programs for the formerly homeless as well as very low income, and those may pay for first months rent or a security deposit. Or try section 8 income subsidized apartments. Get information below on a wide variety of financial resources for housing, rent, mortgages, and even utilities in Jackson County Michigan. Or learn more about free money for disabled people.

Jackson County Michigan DHS provides government grants, cash aid, and other assistance, which can be used to pay rent to stop homelessness. There is also loans or funds to pay for moving costs as well as security deposits and utility connection fees. Address is 301 E Louis Glick Hwy, Jackson, Michigan 49201. Or call Department of Human Services at (517) 780-7400.

Veterans (and their families) can get rent assistance and other benefits. Money for housing, mortgages, temporary lodging (such as a motel) and more. There are also job programs, furniture or medication and other support – which is in addition to cash aid for rent. If homeless or at risk of being homeless, try the Veteran Trust Fund at 1715 Lansing Ave, Jackson, MI 49202 (call (517) 788-4424) or try Support Services for Veteran Families (SSVF), and that phone number is (517) 784-4800.

Concord residents only can apply for financial help (rent payments, utilities, etc.) from the Concord United Methodist Church. Applications are only 3 times per year per applicant from 119 S Main St., Concord, Michigan 49237. Call (517) 524-6156.

Mission Of Hope Cancer Fund provides direct financial assistance to people with cancer. This may be for rent or housing costs too. The non-profit, which relies on donations is at 209 E Washington Ave, Jackson, MI 49201. There is also advocacy for supportive, affordable housing for cancer patients. Call (517) 782-4643.

Jackson County Legal Services of South Central Michigan office has volunteer and pro-bono lawyers that can help tenants with pay or quit or eviction notices. They also assist with housing discrimination, applications to rent programs such as section 8, utility terminations and more from 540 N Jackson St, Jackson, Michigan 49201. Call (517) 787-6111 for free legal aid.





Jackson Housing Commission runs the HUD section 8 housing choice voucher program, or HCV. They also offer self-sufficiency, case management, and operate public housing units. Section 8 rent amounts are based on the tenants income. Location is 301 Steward Ave, Jackson, MI 49201. Call (517) 787-1188

Salvation Army Church (address 806 E Pearl St, Jackson, MI 49201) may have, on occasion, financial aid for rent or heating costs. Or get free furniture, placement into a homeless shelter, transitional housing resources and more. Call (517) 782-7185

Community Action Agency operates the HARA, or Housing Assistance and Resource Agency. Get applications to free government grants for rent, deposits, and other bills from the rapid re-housing program. There are also landlord-tenant mediation services, referrals, and more. Housing specialists can be reached at (517) 784-4800, or the office is 1214 Greenwood Ave, Jackson, Michigan 49203.

TTI provides financial help for people with a mental illness or disabled. This can include rental payments, referrals to affordable housing, deposit help (electric and security due to a landlord), and much more. The office is at 2301 E Michigan Ave, Jackson, MI 49202. Clients can get help finding and paying for independent, rent subsidized housing. Call (517) 782-0010.

By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site