latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs from Iowa counties.

The West Central Community Action offers residents of several counties in Iowa a variety of assistance programs. They offer food, rent help, energy bill assistance, and more. For example, six of the nine counties that are served by West Central Community Action have food pantries that distribute food to those in need: Harlan in Shelby County, Onawa in Monona County, Sidney in Fremont County, Logan in Harrison County, Red Oak in Montgomery County, and Malvern in Mills County.

Also, more and more families are using other programs West Central Community Action has available such as the Emergency Food and Shelter Program, where residents who need housing assistance can apply for assistance to help them pay their mortgage, a rent payment, or provide help with a utility bill for one month. They are even trying to help people deal with and settle debts. The number of people utilizing the energy services offered by the the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program are up by 12 percent year over year, and this program offers help to households in paying fuel and heating bills if utility services were shut off or if a family may lose their service.

You can also find a comprehensive list of community action agencies. Click here to learn more.

Stop by the center for more info. The West Central Community Action is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and closed from 12 to 12:30 p.m. (712) 755-5135

Help for bills, rent, and expenses in Iowa County

Iowa County Ministerial Alliance Fund offers a very low interest loan to help pay rent. They will loan up to $200 that must be repair. The agency is located in Williamsburg Iowa. Call (319) 668-1375

The local government program, the Iowa County General Assistance, may be able to provide cash grants and/or financial assistance on a temporary basis for a limited period of time to help them deal with a hardship. The agency can be used to help pay for basic needs that include interest on original mortgage, rent expense, mobile home lot rent; ; utilities-gas, electric, and water; burial; heating bills, and the agency can provide free food vouchers for clients who are unable to work and not on Subsidized Section 8 Housing. Also learn about Iowa heating bill assistance. Call 319-662-4245.

HACAP operates across many parts of the state. If you are facing an eviction from your home or apartment, or a disconnection of your utility service, the non-profit may be able to help. Call (319) 354-2051. Aid is offered for homeless, or near homeless, families or individuals who are at imminent risk of eviction or a disconnection.




By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site