Help with bills from Tri-City Community Action programs

Receive help with bills, housing, and more.

A fuel assistance program is offered to those in need. Help is available for residents of Malden, Everett, Winchester, Medford, Melrose, Stoneham, and Woburn Massachusetts. The Fuel Assistance program will assist both low and moderate income renters and homeowners with paying some of the cost of their heating bill, including gas, oil, electric, and even your rent if the heat expense is included in your rent payment. There are income limits.

Help is available five months each year, and the intent of the program is not to pay for the entire cost of home heating, but to be just another resource that can provide aid.

The agency also offers some funding to prevent homelessness, so if you are behind on your rent or facing eviction, you may be able to receive funds.

Some of the other programs offered by Tri-City Community Action include child care, such as head start and more. They can arrange free legal services with local attorneys. They also offer a plethora of advocacy programs, such as counseling, medication, referrals, and information on other state government and federal government programs.

One of the services that is in highest demand is help for paying rent, foreclosure counseling, and general housing struggles. An on site Housing Resource Center. The number one way they assists with housing concerns is from a program known as Homeless Prevention Rapid Re-Housing Program (HPRP). It can offer emergency short term funds for paying rent. But maybe even more importantly, the HPRP program, which was created from government stimulus funds, tries to address the root cause of the housing issue. So an applicant will be assigned to counselors who will work one on one with them and provide debt and credit counseling, budgeting skills, and general financial advice and counseling. They can even help pay for such expenses as first months rent, security deposits, and moving costs if it turns out someone needs to move to a new home or apartment.

Their main office is located at 110 Pleasant Street in Malden, MA. Dial (781)322-4125. Or click here to find other Middlesex County assistance programs.





By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy