latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs in Hancock County Indiana

There are a number of financial resources offered in the county, ranging from free stuff such as food or clothes to financial help for bills, rent, and transportation. Find details on churches, charities, and public asssistance in Greenfield and Hancock County below.

Financial assistance from your town in Hancock County

Each local town has a so called Trustee program which can assist eligible township residents. Individuals and families may be able to get access to free food, medical and health care, clothing, household goods, rent help, shelter, or free school clothing.

There may also be help for utilities and heating bill assistance, limited transportation, fuel oil and heating aid, propane, coal and burial expense. Call your local town for more information or tap apply for help. Some of the phone numbers include Brandywine Township ((317) 462-2919), Green Township ((317)-326-4182), Sugar Creek Township ((317) 861-6148), and Jackson Township (317) 936-5112.

Interlocal Community Action Program, Inc.

This non-profit agency is the community action agency of Greenfield and Hancock County Indiana. Some of the programs and resources they offer are listed below.

  • Rent help - A very limited amount of assistance may be available to help people with past-due rent through the federal government FEMA funds. This program is only for qualified low income county residents.
  • Child care - Provides subsidies and vouchers for financial assistance to help with child care expenses.
  • Weatherization - This program is available for renters, homeowners, and even landlords. It can help them save money on their utility and heating bills.
  • Food programs - ICAP helps feed seniors, children, the poor, and others. To this end they offer referrals to food pantries in Hancock County or WIC vouchers.




  • HUD Section 8 - Low income housing and apartments can be applied for. The agency is a leading organization for Section 8 rent subsidies.
  • Heating and utility bill help - The agency may be able to provide seasonal assistance with paying heating and utility bills  to qualified low to moderate income county residents through the federal government Energy Assistance Program (EAP). In addition, FEMA funds may be available of additional support.

Call the Greenfield Indiana Interlocal Community Action Program, Inc. at (765) 529-4403. Or more information on financial help from ICAP.

Legal Aid Society provides several services. They only help low income qualified clients with civil matters. However, they can assist with domestic violence, employer issues, or even housing. Homeowners can receive foreclosure help and tenants support on eviction prevention. Much more is available. Click here.

Food pantry

Hancock County Food Pantry - May have limited availability and be able to provides an emergency 3-day supply of free food for Greenfield and the greater number of Hancock County residents in need of help. (317) 468-0273

Mc Cordsville United Methodist Church (phone (317) 335-3705) provides a food pantry to people who live within the city limits of McCordsville Indiana.

Fortville Christian Church - Provides a free food and grocery pantry once every 30 days to Vernon Township residents who live in Hancock County. Phone (317) 485-4934

By Jon McNamara














Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site