latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Assistance programs in Grant, Lafayette, and Richland Counties

Find financial assistance, free stuff and social services in the Wisconsin counties of Gray, Lafayette and Richland. There are programs that help people pay rent or giveaway free food, clothes, or school supplies. Or get utility bill help and government grant money. Get help near you in Gray, Lafayette and Richland County WI.

There is a focus on senior citizens, disabled people and single mothers in the region. Kids will also get free Christmas toys, and adults job training or placement programs. Other emergency financial help is also offered in the Gray County Wisconsin area.

Hardship grants

Southwest Community Action Program helps low-income families. This is another of the leading non-profit organizations in the community and this section of Wisconsin.

  • HUD and Section 8 housing - The non-profit administers the Housing Authority (HA) Program, which also is well known as Housing Choice Voucher Program. This will ensure that low income families pay at most 30% of their income towards their monthly rent. Learn more on section 8.
  • Weatherization - This community action agency also participates in energy efficiency like weatherization. So they are another place to call for aid, and is in addition to the social service agencies above. Get help with such items as replacing or repairing your furnace, insulation, new water heaters, and energy efficient lighting.
  • Free dental care - Some basic/general dental programs and assistance is offered. Access such programs as Fluoride Treatment, Sealants, and Checkups. Read more on Wisconsin free dental centers and clinics.
  • Near homeless - For people on the verge of losing their home or apartment, emergency assistance is offered to help pay expenses, bills, and get food.
  • Head Start - Is offered for children. Access health and nutrition services, educational assistance, and counseling.
  • Women, Infants & Children Nutrition Program (WIC) - Provides food and nutritional supplements for the needy and low income.
  • Food and grocery programs, including free produce, canned goods and other meals are available, including from a pantry. More on places for free produce near you.

Call Southwest Community Action Program at (608) 935-2326.




Military veterans programs

Any veterans or their immediate families in the area can call and apply for financial help at the Grant County Veterans Service Office. Several services and resources are provided from this facility. The location can provide emergency grants and financial assistance for rent, food, paying for utilities, and repair work for veterans or dependents. There is support if requests are approved by Veterans Service Commission. Even get a free cell phone, services or discounts. Learn more on Verizon veteran discount.

Other emergency resources that may be offered include emergency economic assistance for prescriptions and medical needs. Or get free fuel and heating oil, transportation, and free food (which is funded by a state program). The local office also coordinates all countywide veterans and provides information on federal government and state veterans benefits. They also coordinate health care that may be needed from Veteran hospitals. The address is 111 S Jefferson St, Lancaster, WI 53813, or dial (608) 723-2756.

Grant money, free food, and services in Grant, Richland and Lafayette County

Social Services help the low-income, people with no money and unemployed among others.

  • Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program (WHEAP) - This can provide heating, electric, and utility bill assistance. A one time payment can be offered for electric and heating bills. In addition, local households without heat, with a disconnect notice from their energy provider, or nearly out of heating fuel or oil can get help for that crisis situation. Counselors can also help you enter into a payment plan, or get fees waived.
  • Another option is the Keep Wisconsin Warm Fund, which is run by a non-profit, public/private partnership that is focused on the low income and those under certain poverty thresholds.
  • Weatherization helps both renters and homeowners reduce energy use and save money on their bills. Get a free home energy audit also free energy conservation measures and upgrades to your home.
  • General assistance - Work with a counselor to apply for TANF food stamps or the government Medicaid health insurance program.





Call your local social services office (at the phone number above) to learn more about the above services or to apply for help. Weatherization (free home repairs) and utility assistance can be provided by the Richland County Health and Human Services. Dial (608) 647-8821, or the Grant County Department of Social Services also offers much of the same aid and financial support, and this office can be reached at (608) 723-2136. Lafayette County Human Services is at 15701 Co Rd K Suite 3, Darlington, WI 53530. Call (608) 776-4800

Grant Regional Community Clinic has free or low-cost Family Medical at 507 S Monroe St., Lancaster, WI, 53813. The low-income, uninsured and poor will get help. Call 608.723.2131. There are also referrals to dental services, emergency care, tooth extractions and more.

Free food pantries

Boscobel Assembly of God is a free pantry at 301 Chestnut St, Boscobel, WI 53805. Phone: (608) 375-5088. Mostly nonperishable food is distributed monthly to the needy.

Lutheran Church of Peace has a soup kitchen and free food bank. Location is 1345 N Water St, Platteville, WI 53818. For hours, dial (608) 348-3166

Depot Exchange feeds low-income families, has personal toileteries, hygiene supplies and more at 1170 Lincoln Ave, Fennimore, WI 53809. Main phone (608) 822-4060

Lighthouse Chapel is at  345 S Cairns Ave, Richland Center, WI 53581. Get free groceries, holiday food baskets, Thanksgiving and Christmas meals and more. Call (608) 647-4299

Six Rivers Food Pantry address is 222 W Amelia St, Cassville, WI 53806. Call (608) 434-0420. Provides the needy with free food and groceries. Food offered by the pantry may include beef stew, fruits and vegetables, breads, pork and beans, soups, tuna, cereal, pancake mix and syrup, pasta and sauce. Or get free canned food, pudding, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, eggs, and other fresh offerings.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site