Henry and Fulton County assistance programs.
In a crisis, the churches, charities, and government agencies below offer (1) financial help (2) free items and (3) case management. Families from the Fulton and Henry County area can find money for paying rent or mortgages, utility and heating bills, medical costs, and much more. There is also free food and clothes from pantries, gasoline vouchers, as well as dental or general health care from clinics.
Legal, housing, and other aid
Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. helps thousands of low income individuals every year. The legal professionals and advocates at ABLE provide qualified low income individuals with a diverse range of legal and and services to the low income in the community, including the following areas that most commonly affect elderly, disabled, and low-income people. Find services that can help with paying rent, housing expenses, employment discrimination, address disability law, access to public and government programs and benefits, equal educational opportunities, and immigration. Call (888) 534-1432
Financial assistance in Futon and Henry County
Call (419) 337-2322 or apply at St. Vincent De Paul Society - Wauseon, Pettisville, Tedrow for Basic Needs and Financial Assistance. Programs run on site include a free Food Pantry, Rental Assistance as well as funds for Utility and Heating Bills Assistance. A thrift store is also in Fulton County. Or apply for Prescription Drug Assistance or free Gasoline Vouchers. More on Fulton County OH Society of Saint Vincent assistance programs.
The nearest branch of the Salvation Army can be called at (419) 241-1138. While funding is always limited, qualified individuals can get access to Basic Needs Assistance. This may include free items, such as food, clothes, or Christmas gifts. There may also be up to $100 that can be used to pay Rent, Heating and Utilities, Prescription Medications, Gasoline Vouchers, Transient, and other support.
Fish of Wauseon/Pettisville Ohio Area - The program can provide grants and financial assistance helping people meet basic living expenses and needs for parts of Ohio including the Wauseon and Pettisville area. Low income residents can access programs such as free gasoline vouchers for medical appointments, The agency may be able to provide grants and assistance with paying for first prescriptions, rental and housing assistance (no money for security deposits), energy, gas and electric bill payment assistance. (419) 337-7342
While they do not provide cash, First Fruits is a food pantry that provides free food, groceries, and other aid. Call (419) 592-3535. Heavenly Angels Food Pantry ((419) 438-3090) is another local food bank. Both are based in Napoleon Ohio. Or call (419) 592-8466 to speak to St. John's Episcopal Church. Find other Ohio food banks.
The community action agency is the Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission. Call (419) 784-5136. The programs administered are.
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) - This utility/heating assistance program is designed to aid low to moderate income individuals and persons with the payment of bills for the cooling homes in the summer or bill that result from winter heating costs.
- Regular Component - This is a one time payment for regular utility bills.
- Emergency Component for Winter or Summer Crisis - Offers financial assistance once per heating season to eligible low income households that are threatened with disconnection, have their utilities currently disconnected, or for those individuals that have less than a ten day supply of bulk fuel or heating oil. Even such services as air conditioners can be offered.
- Homeless prevention - Get help with paying rent and security deposits.
- Food and a soup kitchen - Get free food, groceries, meals, and government support.
- Weatherization - Receive free improvements to your home. Examples can include help with insulation; heating system repairs or specified other home repairs, venting in kitchens, laundry, & bath improvements.
- Budgeting - Classes and/or counselors can help people create a budget, develop and improve general life skills, and learn about debt management and reduction.
Various other emergency programs are run by the Northwestern Ohio Community Action Commission. Referrals are available as well from case managers at NOCAC too. Read more.
Public health clinics
Call or stop by Fulton County Free Clinic. This center can offer free medical or health care and other forms of medical and health assistance for low income and uninsured adults living throughout Fulton County Ohio. Medical care is offered, put if you need help with dental needs, find a dental clinic in Ohio. Call (419) 337-0915.