latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Help Near Me

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Free Job Training

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Forsyth and Cherokee County rental assistance.

In an emergency, tenants can receive emergency help with paying their rent in an effort to stop an eviction. There are several organizations to try for assistance. Options range from churches to charities and government agencies. While the funding for the rental assistance programs is constrained, each location will try to offer some form of support.

Always request help before receiving an eviction notice from a landlord. By that point it is often too late. There are also programs focused on helping seniors with paying their back rent, and there are also options for the disabled or entire families.

If found to be eligible, qualified applicants may be provide a grant or some other source of funds. Or if the person needs to move into a new home, inquire into resources available in Forsyth County for a security or rent deposit.

Ninth District Opportunity
Address is 133 Samaritan Dr. Ste. 202
Cumming, GA 30040
Telephone - (770) 889-9420
The non-profit runs the Forsyth County Community Resource Center. Among services include financial assistance for rental costs, public aid such as section 8 vouchers, LIHEAP grants, and shelter.

The Place of Forsyth County is a faith based charity at 2550 The Place Cir. Money raised from the thrift store will provide emergency rent help to tenants facing homelessness. They also offer funds for a mortgage or security deposit, and some clients are given no interest loans for rental costs. The office is in Cumming, Georgia 30040. Call (770) 887-1098 for details.

Georgia Legal Services of Cherokee and Forsyth
(706) 272-2924
Attorneys offer free legal aid. In some cases, clients may receive representation to challenge an illegal eviction.




Churches affiliated with Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Cumming, GA 30041
(678) 947-0677
Volunteers screen for state of Georgia and county benefit programs. In a crisis, there may be money for rent or energy bills, combined with budgeting which will prevent future homelessness.

Catholic Charity of Cherokee and Forsyth
(404) 920-7725
Limited financial support can assist with housing costs. This includes moving costs, rent, and more. They tend to focus on the elderly in the area.

North Georgia Community Action Cherokee County
1225 Univeter Rd.
Canton, Georgia 30114
Main phone - (770) 345-6531
Financial support will help with rent. Counseling is provided to families with other housing issues, such as foreclosure. The agency will often issue low interest loans in an effort to help working poor tenants with rental expenses or a deposit.

Salvation Army - Cherokee and Forsyth County Service Unit
121 Waleska St.
Canton, GA 30114
Call (770) 720-4316 for information.

Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Canton, GA 30114
(770) 576-4081

Regional Rescue Missions
These mostly offer shelter and transitional housing. There are a few sites in the Metropolitan area, including Gainesville (phone (770) 287-9700) as well as Tifton (telephone - (229) 382-0577). Clients can use the centers to save money for a security deposit, learn about programs such as HUD vouchers, and more.

Federal government grants are issued by various non-profits and charities in Forsyth as well as Cherokee. This is part of ESG, and there is a once per year allotment. The funds can be used for everything from rent due to a landlord to deposit help and more. It also refers tenants that are struggling to case management, and call 404.614.1000 for a referral.



By Jon McNamara

Contact NeedHelpPayingBills


















Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site