Pinellas County foreclosure prevention.
Pinellas County Florida has several programs and organizations that focus on offering homeowners with free or low cost foreclosure prevention programs and counseling. If you are behind on your mortgage, need advice, or information on assistance programs, call one of the non-profit or government agencies below for free help.
Some of the organizations will provide information on various mortgage assistance programs, including those that are offered by the state of Florida, the federal government, or by local banks and lenders. Other Pinellas County and St. Petersburg non-profit housing counseling agencies will offer free foreclosure counseling or do such things as having a specialist contact your bank and negotiate a solution to your mortgage delinquency. This can then lead to such solutions as a home loan modification, principal reduction, or forbearance. Call one of the programs below for more information on how to get mortgage and foreclosure assistance.
The Pinellas County Department of Justice and Consumer Services – Provides information on homeowner rights when it comes to receiving a foreclosure notice or other housing issues. Call (727) 464-6200
Pinellas County homeowners can also contact the statewide effort called Florida Attorneys Saving Homes. Before you miss a payment, call this line for help and advice. (866-607-2187)
Non-profit HUD counselors in Pinellas County
Homeowners across the region can contact the federal government HUD approved agencies for free foreclosure counseling assistance. Get help in modifying your mortgage, waiving fees, reducing interest rates, and other services.
Neighborhood Housing Services – Access all the services, workshops and training that homeowners need to purchase, rehabilitate, and maintain a home. Dial (727) 821-6897
Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation – Also supports St. Petersburg and Clearwater families. This organization is a HUD-approved non-profit agency whose primary goal is to promote homeownership opportunities to low and moderate income households in the Tampa Bay area. In addition, they are committed to helping people stay in their homes by offering foreclosure prevention tactics. 2139 NE Coachman Road Clearwater, Florida 33765. Dial (727) 442-7075
Catholic Charities Diocese of St Petersburg – Credit and housing counseling are offered. Programs include Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling, Predatory Lending Education Workshops, and Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Workshops. Dial 727-893-1313. 1213 16th Street North St. Petersburg, Florida 33705
Other HUD counselors to call for help include.
- City of St. Petersburg Housing & Community Development - (727) 893-7247
- Clearwater Neighborhood Housing Services - 608 North Garden Ave. Clearwater, Florida 33755. Dial (727) 442-4155
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Central Florida and the Florida Gulf Coast, Inc. - (800) 984-0977
- Foreclosure Help Line –Call 1-800-225-5342 to learn about federal government mortgage programs, resources in the state of Florida, and local Pinellas County programs.
- Housing & Education Alliance - (813) 261-2755
- National Foundation for Debt Management – Offers Financial Management/Budget Counseling and Foreclosure Prevention. Telephone - (727) 254-5353
- Pinellas County Community Development Department - (727) 464-8210
- Solita’s House, Inc. - (813) 425-4847
- St. Petersburg Neighborhood Housing Services - 1600 Dr. M. L. King Jr. St. So St. Petersburg, Florida 33701, dial (727) 821-6897
- Tampa Bay Community Development Corporation - (727) 442-7075
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - (888) 995-4673
- Find more Florida HUD foreclosure counseling agencies.
Free legal assistance for foreclosure cases
County residents can contact any of the following agencies or law firms for free legal assistance relating to foreclosure filings and home owner programs.
Gulfcoast Legal Services – This group is a regional non-profit organization dedicated to providing free, yet fully comprehensive, personal legal advocacy, counseling and education to vulnerable individuals and families, including low income and seniors. Dial (727) 821-0726
Community Law Program – Lawyers from this organization provide a variety of free legal services for low to moderate income residents as well as senior citizens throughout Pinellas County, Florida. Get legal advice for preventing a foreclosure. 501 First Avenue N, Room 512, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, Call (727) 582-7480
Bay Area Legal Services, Inc., 2600 Dr. M.L. King Jr. St. Ste. 401, St. Petersburg, Florida 33704-2744, Telephone: 727-490-4040