Chicago Illinois Firman’s Family Case Management Program.
The Chicago Illinois Firman’s Chicago Family Case Management Program can help pregnant women, newborns and infants. A variety of services are offered for both pre– and post–care and case managers from the organization are available to support you. They can provide short term aid, and work with you on long term stability and goals. Some services are offered for children up to age five.
Assistance is offered for infants up to the age of one and pregnant women. Some of the services offered can help with the following.
- Immunization requirements per-age.
- Receive both Pre– and Post– Natal Care.
- Case managers can help with scheduling and they can offer referrals to free or low cost healthcare in Chicago, and provide information on a Primary Medical Care Physician.
- Get information and help registering for KidCare and FamilyCare health insurance.
- Assistance with applying for Food Stamp and/or WIC Program, or learn more on public assistance Illinois programs.
- Case managers from Firman’s can give advice on the importance and scheduling of Well-Child Visits.
- Receive referrals and resources to other community organizations in Cook County and Chicago who offer assistance.
- The non-profit will help with offering information about other Social Service Programs.
- Get details on job training and employment services.
Some more material and/or financial assistance may be directly offered, or coordinated, by Firman’s Family Case Management Program. This can include some of the items below.
- Baby supplies including emergency diapers and formula.
- Emergency food for the pregnant mom as well as the entire family from Firman’s food pantry, or get a listing of other Chicago food pantries.
- Distribution of CTA Bus Cards for Doctors Appointments.
- Gift items for new babies and mothers. The center can also coordinate a free clothing give away.
- Sign up for a quarterly Women’s Support Group. This will have special speakers, lunch provided and other support.
- Firman’s can provide access to an emergency fund program which helps Cook County and Chicago clients in need. Cash and financial support is for assistance with paying for gasoline, utilities, rent, etc. this is offered only on an emergency basis.
Firman's Food Pantry helps thousands of women, families, and children every year. It can provide free groceries, food, formula, diapers and clothing during periods of reduced income, unemployment and personal tragedy. Many people are referred to it by the state of Illinois, city and private social service agencies or charities. The Department of Human Services is a partner agency, and Firmans case management will work with them to help infants, pregnant moms and newborns.
The non-profit will distribute special food baskets for Christmas Holidays, Easter, Thanksgiving and holiday meals. Some gifts or clothing may be offered too. The infant Formula Program helps hundreds of children per year. The organization also works closely with the Greater Chicago Food Depository and Chicago Anti-Hunger food banks to aid the needy in the community. The pantry also partners with churches, Firman's Women's Auxiliary program, families and individuals to provide furniture, clothing, and appliances for people in need.
Additional social services and assistance programs at Firman include the following.
- Head Start, such as Pre-Kindergarten classes and education preparation.
- Two Day Care Centers.
- Education, including ABE/GED Classes for mothers, as well as Tutoring/Mentoring Program and Family Computer Literacy Program.
- Family Reading Nights and activities such as Language & Visual Arts Program and Girl Scout programs.
- Emergency Food & Clothing Program.
- Programs for children from 2– 5 years of age include free or reduced priced child care, Head Start, and Pre-Kindergarten programs. The center will have information on other resources in Chicago as well.
To reach a family case manager, call Firman Community Services. The main office is at 4705 S. State Street, Chicago, IL 60609. Call the non-profit at (773) 373-3400.