Payment assistance programs from Discover Card.
Discover Card recognizes that people will from time to time experience credit problems, financial emergencies, and need help with their bills. They have various payment assistance programs that can assist qualified customers. They want all of their customers to contact them immediately if they need assistance so they can discuss various resources and options that are available to them. You need to make this call before you fall behind on your payments.
What Discover Card has learned is that there are certain conditions that tend to lead to people struggling with their bills. They include some or all of the following:
- Your current income has been eliminated thru a job loss, or maybe your income is significantly reduced from a reduction in hours or lost time due to a medical condition.
- You fall behind on your minimum monthly payments.
- Making some payments late, or have fallen behind in paying your monthly credit card bills, and the Discover Card customer just can’t get back on track.
- Declined by a company for insufficient credit or poor credit scores when you are trying to make a purchase.
- Approaching the credit limit on some or all of your credit cards.
- You can no longer pay your bills or debts on time.
Discover Card solutions
Discover Card offers its customers a broad range of solutions and programs to help them through these difficult times. It is so important to contact Discover, or any creditor for that matter, as soon as possible. The sooner you contact your creditors the sooner they can help, and the more options they can provide. Some of the programs available to customers are:
Special Payment Programs
If you have been falling behind on your monthly payments and need help with paying your bills on time, or if you have excessive outstanding credit card debt, they have some potential solutions for you. You may be qualified for their special payment programs that can provide you with short term relief as you partner together towards long term solutions. Discover Card offers individuals the following.
In addition, if you become disabled or ill, and have a hardship from either of those causes, contact them immediately. While the three solutions listed above tend to be the most common options, a customer service representative will look into any other options.
The phone number for the Discover Card payment assistance programs is 1-800-767-1146.