Coos County assistance programs.

Assistance with bills

The Oregon Coast Community Action agency provides a network of programs that provide food aid, house assistance, help with paying utility and heating bills, and also education services to low and mid income individuals and families. Some of the most effective, and well regarded programs are below:

Housing and Rent Assistance Program : The will give affordable housing opportunities, rent payments, help with security deposits, stabilization and counseling services to help people stay in housing and avoid evictions. They also are a resource that can coordinate your needs with other state and federal low income housing programs.

Food aid from the South Coast Food Share. Oregon Coast Community Action formed a partnership with almost 40 local member organizations and combined they provide food for almost 2000 food boxes and 4000 meals per month to those who are struggling in today’s economy. Find other food banks in Oregon.

Energy Bill Assistance. Programs are offered that provide support to help families and individuals with paying for increasing energy bills and expenses. They provide free cash grants, applications for federal programs such as LIHEAP, and they will provide ways to lower usage including weatherization programs that improve over 100 houses per year.

What this agency also does is they provide to the local Coos Bay community information and ways to access other state and federal government funds and programs. They are located at 2110 Newmark Ave in Coos Bay Oregon. Phone (541) 888-7094. More Oregon Coast Community Action.

Salvation Army Church, which can be reached at 888-5202, is another local non-profit that supports both Coos County and Coquille Oregon. They may have limited financial assistance to help pay rent and housing expenses, heating and energy bills, and food. However they are a great place to call for referrals to local non-profits and charities.





Free or reduced priced Health and dental care in Coos County

Some or all of these clinics and centers may be able to offer low income residents as well as the uninsured with free or low cost medical care. They include Coos County Public Health Department (phone 756-2020 ext. 510), the North Bend Medical Center (phone 267-5151), as well as Waterfall Clinic (phone 756-6232). Oregon Health Plus is yet another option. Or if none of these facilities are able to help, find a comprehensive listing of Oregon free community clinics.

Rent and/or housing assistance

To receive information on rental assistance programs, foreclosure prevention, or to learn about government mortgage programs, dial the Housing Authority (call 756-4111) or DHS self-sufficiency Service (call 888-2667).




By Jon McNamara

“Related and Sponsored Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Financial Literacy