latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website


Community Partnership Continuum of Care program.

Several housing programs are offered to Washington DC residents as part of the Continuum of Care program. The agency that oversees it and processes applications is the non-profit organization Community Partnership. Some of the services that are available include rental assistance from Housing Opportunities and Prevention Efforts (H.O.P.E.), shelter, transitional housing, and general outreach. Families that are facing eviction and homeless individuals can receive assistance.

The Community Partnership provides some aid on its own and they also involve other community resources as needed. Staff from the agency work to prevent homelessness in the District of Columbia. Additional resources can also rehouse families and assist with locating and paying for permanent homes or apartments.

The Project H.O.P.E. Mission may have funds available for paying rent. The objective is to prevent evictions and homelessness in the city. There are several different components of this particular Community Partnership program. Grants and money is used to provide prevention assistance to families and individuals that are at risk of homelessness and eviction in the Washington District of Columbia.

TCP, or the Prevention of Homelessness, is one component. It provides emergency financial assistance to qualified residents to help them pay the rent if it will sustain their housing. The government funds need to be used for the goals of homeless prevention and housing retention.

Another component of Project H.O.P.E is Emergency Rental Assistance Program, or ERAP. This can help tenants with security deposits, first months rent or payments for any arrearage. All funding is very limited and will come with conditions. To apply for help, call or stop by 33 N Street NE, Washington, DC 20002, dial 202-312-5510.

Assistance is available for veterans and members of our military. For those that are veterans or an immediate family, Continuum of Care has resources targeted at you. The main program is Supportive Services for Veteran Families, or SSVF. Qualified families can receive case management and ongoing support. They will also receive assistance in obtaining Veteran Administration and other government benefits, including temporary financial assistance or grants for select housing needs, including rent expenses. The main contact information for more details on SSVF or other resources is below.




  • Community Connections, Marla Peterson, phone: 202-281-2931
  • Pathways to Housing DC, dial 202-529-2972
  • Bright Beginnings, Telephone 202-842-9090 ext. 110
  • Transitional Housing Corporation, phone: 202-291-5535
  • Access Housing, 820 Chesapeake St. SE, Washington, DC 20032, 202-561-8387
  • US Vets, Inc., phone: 202-545-1660

Washington DC families that are struggling and think they are at risk of homelessness or evictions can also receive support from Community Partnership. They administer services in partnership with the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center.

The center is a fully integrated service center for families (not individuals) that are living in the District of Columbia. It can address rental arrearages, transitional housing, and other needs. Families who are experiencing housing instability or financial difficulties can call or stop by the center to apply.

What may be offered includes Emergency Rental Assistance (from H.O.P.E.) and other housing resources such as temporary shelter and help in applying for Public and Government Benefits. Also learn about TANF, Medicaid, Food Stamps and Childcare Subsidies. The address is 33 N Street NE, Washington, DC, call 202-727-8974.

Additional housing resources are paid for and available from Continuum of Care grants. There are shelters located across Washington DC. For those that are looking for something a little more stable and that have some type of income coming in, transitional housing units can be looked into. Staff will also help families apply for security deposit assistance and other financial aid. To learn more on the shelters and short term housing in the District of Columbia, call 1-800-535-7252.




By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site