Chippewa County assistance programs.
Housing, mortgage, utility and rent assistance, and information on assistance programs
Starting Points, Inc. of Chippewa Falls ((715) 726 - 7937) partners with charities, non-profits, and government agencies and other providers to address the issues of evictions, poverty, hunger, housing crisis’s, and homelessness. Specifically, the programs provided include:
- Grants, loans, and financial assistance for paying rent, one months mortgage, or funds to prevent a foreclosure or an eviction.
- Emergency housing vouchers for hotels and motels.
- Funds to pay a security or utility deposit.
- Household supplies and furniture through "The Cupboard" for the low income and persons in need
- Money to prevent an utility disconnection. Keep your heat, electric, and water service connected.
- Debt, debt and financial counseling and housing plans
- Speak to a mediator or professional for landlord/tenant negotiation, repayment plans, foreclosure mediation, education and information on Chippewa Falls Wisconsin and federal government programs.
West Central Wisconsin CAA, Inc. (West CAP). Call (715) 265-7031. This is the local community action agency. They administer the following
- Housing aid - Foreclosure prevention, eviction prevention, and section 8 Housing. Learn more on Wisconsin mortgage programs.
- Food Access and Resources program - This program works with local charities, churches, and aid organization to distribute free food.
- Transportation - Get information and assistance on how to buy a car.
- Additional low income programs are administered. Read West Central Wisconsin (West CAP).
Regional Salvation Army centers may be able to assist the working poor and low income in the Chippewa County area. The locations can help families with a number of needs, including more basic items such as food or clothing. General and financial assistance is one option too, and this can include funds for paying heating and energy bills as well as rent. Other resources available in Chippewa Falls include meals for children, free Christmas assistance, food programs, and services such as credit and debt counseling. Read Chippewa Salvation Army assistance programs.
Help paying heating and utility bills
Contact Chippewa County Department Of Human Services at (715) 726 - 7840. Two different energy assistance programs are offered. The first being Wisconsin Warm Fund and the second is the Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program or WHEAP. Both components can offer financial assistance for heating/energy costs and bills of individuals and families.
Food and other items
The following charities, churches, and non-profits may be able to provide free food or other household products.
Chippewa Falls Community Closet (phone (715) 720 - 4505) is an agency that provides free clothing; hygiene products; frozen food, and perishable, non perishable food items for people in need of help.
Bloomer Area Food Pantry - Provides free food, including canned goods, dry goods, frozen foods, fresh fruit and vegetables for individuals and families in need. Call (715) 568 - 3733
Jim Falls Community Food Pantry - This agency also offers food. Dial (715) 226 - 0438.