Clinics in Chatham County Georgia.
Community clinics and health care centers in Chatham County and Savannah Georgia can provide the low income and people without health insurance a number of free services. Depending on the patient’s income, financial situation, and insurance status, people may be able to get free medical care and access to programs that can provide them with medical bill assistance. People with moderate incomes may have to pay some money towards their medical bills.
The type of health and dental care will vary by the clinic. However people can get help with one or more of the following.
- Chatham County health centers can provide annual medical exams and preventive health services, including dental cleanings.
- Most of the locations can provide for the treatment and management of chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, hypertension, and pulmonary conditions.
- Primary health care for you and your family may be provided.
- The free community clinics will try to offer low income individuals and families with reduced price or free prescription medicines when available. Most of the centers will also help people with enrollment in the patient assistant program which provides 60-70% savings on the cost of their medical bills.
- Other services administered can include Health Prevention and Promotion, Primary HealthCare, Physician Services, Prescription Medication Assistance, Dental Services, and also Medical Case Management.
- Call on of the leading clinics in the greater Savannah and Chatham area below for hours and more information. Rarely, if ever, will anyone be turned away from receiving help.
Chatham County Safety Net Planning Council, Inc.
Primary address - 310 Eisenhower Drive
Savannah, Georgia 31406
Dial (912) 692-1451 for appointments.
This center offers some of its own basic medical care, and it can refer individuals to local clinics, help people apply for free medical care, and direct individuals to Georgia and federal government health care.
Curtis V Cooper (Westside Urban) Health Center
106 East Broad Street
Savannah, Georgia 31401
Main phone number - (912) 527-1000
Provides help with medical bills for people who live on the west side of Savannah and the county. Lab work, referrals, family care and planning, and more is offered at the clinic. Also get information on local dental clinics.
Memorial Health University Medical Center Internal Medicine
Address - PO Box 23089, 1101 Lexington Ave. (04)
Savannah, GA 31403-3089
Call - (912) 350-7171
Westside Urban Health Center
115 E York St. A
Savannah Georgia 31401
Main phone number - 912-944-6080
A federal government qualified health care. A sliding fee scale can provide care to people of all income levels.
The J.C. Lewis Health Care Center, Inc. of Union Mission
125 Fahm Street
Savannah, GA 31401
Dial (912) 495-8887 for intake
Bryan County Health Department
430 Ledford Street, PO Box 9
Pembroke, Georgia 31321
Programs also support residents of Chatham County Georgia. Get referrals to state of Georgia and federal government medical care programs, such as Medicaid. Also provides locations of regional community clinics.
Community Health Mission
Clinic address - 310 Eisenhower Drive 5
Savannah Georgia 31406
Phone number - 912-692-1451
Doctors and medical professionals offer free care to the needy. An onsite pharmacy may distribute medications. Also health care for you and your family may be offered, including checkups, care for basic illnesses, and family planning.