Central Utah assistance programs.
Find how to get help in Jaub, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier, and Wayne Counties Utah. Find information on community clinics, help for rent and utility bills, and other financial assistance programs.
Six County Association of Governments - This is the community action agency that serves all areas in the central part of Utah.
- General assistance from CSBG. This general assistance type fund can provide emergency financial assistance and access to services such as rent assistance, energy help, car repairs, and other resources and services as funding allows.
- HEAT Assistance - Partly funded by the federal government, the program provides utility and heating bill payment assistance to low-income households in the community, targeting those who are truly vulnerable or who pay a large portion of their income towards their heating bills.
- TANF: Get housing help from this service. It may be able to provides short term rent help to households with at least one dependent child, if they meet income levels.
- Food Assistance - The agency works with local food banks, senior centers, and other non-profits to distribute food to the needy.
- HEAT Emergency Crisis Assistance: While similar to above, it targets people in a crisis. The program provides emergency heating and utility bill payment to prevent immediate shut off of a customers utility service. Dial the following numbers to get information or to apply Sevier, Wayne and Piute Counties call (435)893-0745 Sanpete County call (435)835-2831 Millard and Juab Counties call (435)743-4060. Also learn more on LIHEAP crisis assistance. Click here.
- Weatherization - Get free energy saving enhancements and updates to your home. They can potentially save hundreds of dollars per year on energy bills. Weatherization is for income qualified residents.
Call Six County Association of Governments, which is based in Richfield Utah, at (435) 896-9222.
American Red Cross maybe somewhat surpassingly also runs several assistance programs in the area, and can always provide information. They can offer help with heating and/or utility bills. Help is offered for primarily Questar and/or Utah Power & Light (UP&L) bills. Mostly for elderly or disabled individuals. Telephone assistance may also be offered as well. Dial 801-373-8580
Food Banks and Assistance Programs - There are several places to go to for free food, groceries, or information on federal and state of Utah food assistance programs. Call any one or more of the following:
- Central Utah Food Sharing - Fillmore . Lyman Utah based 435-836-2850. Helps people in Wayne County.
- First Baptist Church - Nephi (phone 435-623-5613) offers emergency food boxes.
- Fillmore Pantry - Another free food bank is located in Fillmore can be reached at 435-864-2089.
- Sanpete County and Mt. Pleasant Utah families can get help by dialing (435) 462-3006.
- LDS Bishop's Storehouse - Fillmore offers food, groceries, and clothing.
Community Clinics - Receive free or reduced priced medical care. Bills are usually based upon the patients income, so patients pay only what they can afford. Central Utah Public Health Department - Delta Clinic, Delta Utah. (435-864-3612), Central Utah Public Health Department - Nephi Admin. & Clinic (435-623-0696)
Heating and Utility Bill Assistance - A few organizations and non-profit organizations provide the low income, elderly, working poor, and other struggling individuals with financial help for paying heating and utility bills. The programs run can help low-income and working poor households pay a portion of their winter heating, gas, or utility bills. Funds can also provide emergency utility assistance to prevent shut-off of a customers utility service. In addition, the agencies also administer the Utility Moratorium Program to prevent winter utility shuts during the wintertime. Millard HEAT Program (888-255-9692), Sevier HEAT Program (435-893-0745), Wayne County Utility Bill Payment Assistance (435-836-1324)