latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed



Local programs - Search

Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing

Senior Help

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agencies

Car Payment Assistance

How to Save Money

Help with Medical Bills



Cascade Natural Gas assistance programs in Washington.

Customers of Cascade Gas who need help paying their energy bills have a number of resources available to them. Financial assistance and conservation programs are available for families who live in Washington and in Oregon as well. Representatives are also on call to support individuals who have received a disconnection notice from Cascade Natural Gas.

Government assistance for Cascade Gas customers

Weatherization is available to income-qualified customers who receive residential service and who heat their homes or apartments with natural gas. This is an energy conservation program that can potentially help families save hundreds of dollars per year on their bills. There is no cost on the part of the applicant, and the government will pay for all updates to the home, such as extra insulation, caulking, furnace and cooling system tune ups, and more.

Grants and cash assistance can be paid out to Cascade Gas customers from LIHEAP, or the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This is available one time per year. Low-income, working poor, and other qualified households can get help with paying part of their home energy bills. Applications are taken at your local community action agency in Washington (see below), and those non-profits will also distribute funding to the needy.

The state of Washington offers the Low-Income Energy Assistance Program to residents who qualify. Each state may have its own income guidelines that will be based on certain federal government poverty and/or low income levels. The LIHEAP resource is the nation’s largest utility assistance program, and helps millions of families every year, including thousands of Cascade Gas customers.

Disconnection prevention may be offered as well. You should not send the company an email if you have a shut off notice, but rather call Cascade Gas Customer Service to speak to someone about the issue. The main phone number is 1-888-522-1130. A representative from the company will help you explore all assistance programs. What may be offered to the customer, depending on their income and other factors, ranges from payment plans, budgeting services, and many other options.





Winter Help was created by Cascade Natural Gas for its own customers. On average, a few hundred Washington area families receive help every year since the program was created in the late 1980s. The emergency funds are targeted for low-income families and households at risk of disconnection. Any type of financial assistance paid out is delivered as a once-a-year credit to Cascade Natural Gas accounts.

This assistance program is funded by donations and contribution from customers, businesses, and others in the greater Oregon and Washington community. The energy company will also match most of the donations to a limited extent. If you do contribute, it is tax deductible. In addition, all contributions you make are guaranteed to be used in your community, and will help the low income, seniors, and disabled where you live. Donations can be made by mail or by calling the company directly.

For additional information on how to contribute, or to apply for Winter Help, call Cascade Natural Gas at 1-888-522-1130. A representative will advise you on how the program works and the various options available.

The Charitable Solicitations Act in Washington has also registered the Winter Help program, and anyone who is interested can obtain additional financial data on the resource from them. Many non-profit take part is this program.

Financial assistance sites - Washington locations

The various community action agencies and social services offices to apply at for help with Cascade Natural Gas bills include the list below.

Coastal Community Action Program, 117 E. 3rd, Aberdeen, WA 98520-0304, call 1-800-828-4883
The Opportunity Council, 1111 Cornwall Ave., Suite C, Bellingham, WA 98225, main number 360-255-2192
Kitsap Community Resources, 802 7th St., Bremerton, Washington 98337, call 360-478-2301
CAC, 720 W. Court St., Pasco, WA 99301, dial 509-545-4065
Community Action, Longview, PO Box 2129, Longview, WA 98632 dial 360-425-3430
Lower Columbia Community Action Council, 1526 Commerce Ave, Longview, WA 98632, telephone 360-425-3430
Mount Vernon, Skagit County Community Action, Mount Vernon, Washington 98273, dial 360-416-7585
Housing Authority of Skagit County, 1650 Port Drive, Burlington, WA 98233, call 360-428-1959
Moses Lake, Othello, Wenatchee, OIC of Washington, 815 Fruitvale Blvd., Yakima, WA 98902, dial 509-765-9206
Blue Mountain Action Council, 342 Catherine St., Walla Walla, WA 98362, number 509-529-4980
Community Action Council, 420 Golf Club Rd SE., Suite 100, Lacey, Washington 98503, dial 360-438-1100
OIC of Washington, 815 Fruitvale Blvd., Yakima, Washington 98902, dial 509-452-7145
Yakima Valley Farm Workers, PO Box 831, 706 Rentschler Lane, Toppenish, WA 98948, main number 509-865-7630
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic, PO Box 190, Toppenish, Washington 98948, call 509-865-5898



By Jon McNamara













Contact Us

About Us

Financial Literacy Blog

Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page