latest nhpb_banner 1__compressed






Immediate Financial Assistance

Rental Assistance

Free Food Pantries

Utility Bill Help

Free Stuff

Work From Home Jobs

Public and Government Assistance

Disability Benefits

Section 8 Housing and Apartments

Senior Help

Free Job Training

Free Money

Free Grants

Free Clothes

Charity Assistance

Church Assistance

Community Action Agency

Help with Medical Bills

Free Healthcare

Free Community Health Centers

Free Dental Clinics

Car Payment Assistance

Debt Relief

How to Save Money

Search the Website

Rental assistance Canyon County

Tenants can get emergency financial assistance for a rent, housing or security payment in Canyon County. Find churches, charities, and government agencies that prevent evictions and homelessness in the Nampa as well as Caldwell Idaho region and surrounding area. Learn where to get rent assistance in Canyon County ID below, and all resources will be explored, ranging from grants for a security deposit to free legal aid to stop the eviction as well as section 8 housing vouchers.

There is normally a waiting list in place for some programs, including section 8 HUD vouchers, and all funding is limited. Families are not guaranteed to receiving any cash for a missed rent or utility bill payment, but applications will be reviewed. If a non-profit can't fulfill the request, they will try to offer referrals to other immediate rental programs in the region. As people can always turn to a local church or social service agency, or even apply for a section 8 housing voucher. Some will even focus on supporting the disabled or senior citizens.

The primary agencies to try are below. As noted, funding is limited. If rent assistance can't be provided, then Canyon County residents can still try to enroll into case management or other services.

Places that provide help with rent in Caldwell and Nampa Idaho area

Canyon County Housing Authorities
They offer Section 8 vouchers, including an emergency voucher as well as help applying for no-wait list housing programs. This will pay a portion of the monthly rent and maybe energy bills, based on the families income. There are also affordable apartments, loan programs, support for the disabled and more.

  • Nampa Housing Authority - 211 19th Ave N, Nampa, ID 83687. Call (208) 466-2601
  • Caldwell Housing Authority is at 22730 Farmway Rd, Caldwell, Idaho 83607. Call (208) 459-2232
  • Wilder Housing Authority address is 500 5th St, Wilder, ID 83676. Call (208) 482-7750
  • Other resources are offered too. More on HUD homes and section 8 Idaho

CATCH - Charitable Assistance To Community's Homeless
No walk-ins are accepted. Appointments are needed. Call (208) 246-8830. The address is 1007 S. Elder St. Nampa, ID 83786
The Nampa IdahoCharity partners with other non-profits and churches to offer rent help, housing, and mediation. For families with an income leaving a shelter, money may be offered for a security deposit on a new home or even first month's rent. Other support services are available to the low income in Canyon County. Housing first is for single moms or dads and renters with kids.




Salvation Army Family Services
1015 E Chicago St., Caldwell, Idaho 83605. Phone - (208) 459-2011
When out of options, there may be financial aid, a cold weather shelter, and other rental assistance along with case management from social workers. The Canyon County ID charity also helps tenants with utility bills and will often have free motel or hotel vouchers.

Lighthouse Rescue Mission
Main address is 304 16th Ave N, Nampa, ID 83687. Call (208) 461-5030
A homeless shelter and transitional housing is available, including for single moms and children. There will be referrals to rental assistance programs, clothing, food, meals, and more.

Canyon County Legal Aid
Location is 212 12th Ave Rd, Nampa, ID 83686. Call (208) 746-7541 or (208) 336-8980 or (
208) 336-8980
Low-income tenants, the elderly and disabled can get free legal services. They help stop evictions, provide eviction defense and other aid. Get information on housing benefits (or help applying) as well as resources that assist with past due rent.

Ruth House
3130 S Yellowstone Hwy, Idaho Falls, ID 83402. Call (208) 419-0808
Women only can use the housing program, including single moms. The location is Transitional as well as Permanent Housing.

Hope’s Door
Address is 1508 Hope Ln, Caldwell, ID 83605. Call (208) 459-6330 or (208) 459-6279
Most of the support is for women impacted by domestic violence. They can receive legal support, safe housing, and information on how to pay the rent on a new home.

ICHA – Southwestern Idaho Cooperative Housing Authority
Address is 377 Cornell St. Middleton, ID 83644. Call (208)585-9325
Get information on affordable housing, section 8, rent help as well as eviction prevention services.

Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
3402 Franklin Rd, Caldwell, Idaho. Telephone: (208) 454-0421
Programs, such as TANF or welfare, can assist with housing and rent costs. It is combined with employment and other services. The cash assistance is for low-income renters, families in poverty and people working towards long term self-sufficiency.







WICAP - Caldwell
Address: Address is 502 Main St., Caldwell, Idaho 83605. Dial 208-454-0675
Various programs are run, ranging from referrals to grants or community loans for rent to self-sufficiency as well as homeless prevention services. This is the local community action agency. Referrals to other low income housing or apartments are provided too.

St. Vincent in Canyon County
The parishes and churches help the poor, homeless, and disadvantaged. Limited emergency financial help is offered, including for rent, utilities or moving costs. There is free furniture for low-income tenants, storage or moving help and other support. Continue with SVDP assistance Canyon County.

TVCRC – Treasure Valley Community Resource Center
2412 E Chicago St. Caldwell, ID 83605. Call (208)459-9263
Referrals are made to local non-profits, Public Housing Agencies, or local government offices. This ranges from section 8 vouchers to grants for paying rent to temporary housing. They also offer services such as the Continuum of Care in an effort to end homelessness.

Other resources include low income apartments and public housing. Anyone needing emergency rent or deposit help will be referred to County Welfare Offices, the Idaho Housing and Finance Association (phone (877) 438-4472) and Community Action Partnership Agencies.


Related Content From


By Jon McNamara

Additional Local Programs

Financial Help Near You

Rent Payment Assistance Near You

Free Food Near You

Utility Assistance Near You

Free Stuff Near You















Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy

Visit Facebook page

Search Site