Free legal aid in Arkansas.
There are several non-profit organizations, free volunteer lawyers and pro-bono law firms in Arkansas that help low-income families and seniors. While they do help with a wide variety of issues, all cases need to be civil. Find where to get free legal services in Arkansas below, including from lawyers, attorneys, and phone or online consultations.
The goal of the lawyers in Arkansas is to ensure all people, even families with no money, have access to free legal aid. There is help for tenants facing eviction, assistance is applying for government programs such as SSI or section 8 housing, child custody or divorce cases and more. Get additional details below on what types of free legal services are provided as well as phone numbers for intake.
Free legal programs offered in Arkansas
The attorneys from the firms deal with the following types of cases below. It is just a sampling. If you need help with some other type of issues not listed, then call them as they may be able to refer you to another local non-profit law firm. Or the attorneys or paralegals from the firms may just decide to go ahead and assist the caller.
- Free tenant lawyers for landlord/renter disputes - Free lawyers can direct low-income tenants to eviction prevention programs, deal with unsafe living conditions, and help with issues including home repair issues. The legal services also address housing discrimination and help ensure fair and equitable access to housing.
- Health care - Get information on insurance programs, specifically government care such as Medicaid and Medicare. Lawyers help low-income families, the unemployed and others apply for medical care.
- Free bankruptcy advice and legal aid for filing in AR - If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, or if you have started the process, and attorney can answer questions and guide you through the process. There is help with filing the forms and paperwork in court as well as working with creditors.
- Predatory lending - Whether it is a subprime mortgage, foreclosure filing, or a payday loan, a lawyer from one of these free Arkansas law firms can provide help. Get counseling, advice, attorneys to help settle debts or deal with collectors and access to assistance programs.
- Consumer debt and free legal aid for fraud - Free lawyers, and their staff, help people in debt in Arkansas. Get help and access to debt relief, resources to deal with car repossession, contract disputes, credit card lawsuits, and advice stopping or addressing home repair scams.
- Family law and domestic issues. Free legal aid for issues such as filing for divorce or unpaid child support, including lawyers that help single moms in AR. Get assistance with domestic violence and stalking, including protection orders from family members, spouses, and such.
- Employment problems and matters - If you suspect you were illegally fired or let go, lawyers can guide you and advise you on your rights. There is also free legal help filing for unemployed benefits or FMLA in Arkansas.
- Government assistance programs - Get support in applying for government programs such as welfare, food assistance, Medicare, public benefits, Medicaid, and others. Families in Arkansas that are dealing with what they feel is an unfairly declined application can also get support.
Phone number for free lawyers in Arkansas
The Center for Arkansas Legal Services has multiple offices, as listed below. However the main Helpline phone number is 1-800-950-5817. There are free phone consultations, in person appointments, and other legal services.
They can offer guidance to low income and indigent families. The range of services is extensive, however they can help clients address legal issues involving housing such as foreclosures, evictions, unsafe apartments, or landlord/tenant issues. They also work on civil matters include family law, consumer law, illegal job terminations and firings, and many other non-criminal matters.
- 1300 West 6th Street, Little Rock, AR 72201
- 901 South 21st Street, Fort Smith, AR 72901
- 1400 West 5th Ave, Pine Bluff, AR 71601
- 1820 Central Ave, Suite H, Hot Springs, AR 71901
- 100 East Peach Street, El Dorado, AR 71730-5874
- 612 West B Street, Russellville, AR 72801
- 203 River Street, Benton, AR 72015
- 1200 W Walnut St., Rogers, AR 72756
Another non-profit with free services for the low-income is the Legal Aid of Arkansas (LAA). They operate statewide. Call 1-800-952-9243
Related Content From Needhelppayingbills.com