Sanctuary House offers low income discounted or free clothing, some furniture, referrals to local agencies and charities if the non-profit cannot assist with need, medical equipment loan program and utility bills assistance when funds available. Call (903)723-2930
First Resource Center, which is also based in Palestine Texas, offer qualified low income residents and the working poor access to the following. (903)731-9270
- Public food bank for free groceries, food stuffs, and holiday meals.
- Emergency financial aid for past due electric bills and utility service disconnection assistance.
- Gasoline for emergencies, including medical appointments.
- Non-maintenance prescription medication.
- Emergency car repairs for people who need a car for their job or medical emergency.
- Low cost or free prescription eye glasses.
- School supplies, GED fees, school assistance, and drivers license fees.
Grace Family Bible Church Food Pantry offers free food to anyone in need of help. Call (903)876-4048
Palestine Community Food Pantry provides assistance to any person in Anderson County Texas who needs help. Dial (903)723-5406