Rental assistance in Allen County Indiana.

Every town in Allen County Indiana offers general relief/rental assistance. In addition to this local government program, the region is served by numerous non-profit organizations and charities that help people who are facing a hardship. Find details below on the various eviction prevention and emergency rental assistance programs. There are several organizations in Fort Wayne and Allen County Indiana.

Housing and rental services provided may vary significantly by agency and town in Allen County, but in general the organizations will offer assessment, case management, referrals and limited amounts of financial assistance for paying rent. Each location will have its own application process and conditions in place that need to be met by applicants.

Rent assistance from township trustees. State law in Indiana requires that each and every city and town provide general assistance for residents to help people in an emergency situation or if they are facing some type of hardship. The phone numbers for the Allen County towns and cities to call for help are below. The exact amount and type of rental and housing services will vary by town, but in general they can include money for security deposits, vouchers for hotels or motels, shelter, money for back rent, and other expenses such as electric bills and medical care.

  • Aboite Township Trustee, 11321 Aboite Center Road, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46814, phone (260) 432-0970
  • Scipio Township Trustee, PO Box 163, Harlan, IN 46743, dial (260) 657-8001 Main
  • Springfield Township Trustee, 11021 Roberts Road, Harlan, Indiana 46743, phone (260) 657-3422
  • Madison Township Trustee, 11417 Edgewater Avenue, Hoagland, Indiana 46745, (260) 639-6052
  • Eel River Township Trustee, 3925 McComb Road, Huntertown, IN 46748, phone number (260) 637-0238 Main
  • Perry Township Trustee, PO Box 643, Huntertown, IN 46748, call (260) 449-3748
  • Cedar Creek Township Trustee, 10523 Hosler Road, Leo, Indiana 46765-0433, Main number (260) 627-5695
  • Monroe Township Trustee, 211 West Forest Street, Monroeville, IN 46773, phone (260) 623-3717
  • Adams Township Trustee, 120 Lincoln Highway West, New Haven, IN 46774, phone number (260) 493-2590
  • Jefferson Township Trustee, 1702 S Webster Road, New Haven, Indiana 46774, phone (260) 749-1360




  • Spencer Township Trustee, 6576 CR 64, Spencerville, IN, dial (260) 238-4428
  • Jackson Township Trustee, 618 Brobst Road, Woodburn, Indiana 46797, call (260) 632-7701
  • Maumee Township Trustee, 5311 State Road 101, Woodburn, IN 46797, call (260) 632-9977
  • Milan Township Trustee, 18208 Doty Road, Woodburn, Indiana 46797, call (260) 632-4511
  • Other towns also offer grants for paying rent as part of General Relief. Contact your local office to apply for help, or to learn about low income housing and other resources.

Allen County Catholic Charities, which is located at 315 East Washington Boulevard in Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802 and can be reached at (260) 422-5625 offers the low income and less fortunate housing assessment, referrals and also limited amounts of rental assistance.

Community Action of Northeast Indiana also supports Allen County and Fort Wayne Indiana families. Address is 227 East Washington Boulevard, Fort Wayne, IN 46802. In order to receive any help from this organization, applicants must have applied for financial assistance from their local town trustee within the last 30 days as referenced above. In either case, some Allen County residents will be issued a loan as a form of rental assistance. An extensive evaluation process is in place for potential clients.

Fort Wayne Indiana Housing Authority is at 7315 Hanna Street in Fort Wayne, Indiana 46816. Phone number is (260) 449-7000. The goal is to offer the low income and working poor good quality, yet highly affordable housing and superior services. This is available to eligible low to moderate income members of the Fort Wayne community. Case managers at the housing authority also strive to maintain an atmosphere which encourages self-sufficiency of the resident.

Vincent House can help families successfully existing transitional housing or the currently homeless. Their may be funds for paying security deposits, moving expenses, first months rent, or energy bills. Address is 2827 Holton Avenue – Fort Wayne, Indiana 46806, (260) 456-4172





Lutheran Social Services of Allen County may have emergency financial assistance, loans, or rent help as a last resort. This is only offered when public funds or government grants for meeting those rental needs are not available. Main phone - (260) 426-3347.

Indiana Legal Services - Provides free representation and legal guidance to low income residents and seniors. Get help from attorneys with applying for benefits such as section 8, housing issues, help for eviction, and other civil issues. Call (260) 424-9155.

Fort Wayne Salvation Army Rent Assistance Program is offered to people with an eviction and who have no other resources available. Emergency assistance is offered; appointments are on Mondays and are limited. Call (260) 744-2311 for specific details on this program.

Rainbow Community Organization Inc. – Offers opportunities for quality affordable housing.

Fort Wayne Division of Community Development administers eviction prevention and emergency rental assistance from programs such as homeless prevention and rapid rehousing. Call (260) 427-1111.




“Related Links” are listed below.




Contact Us

About Us


Privacy policy