Christmas and holiday assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Christmas and holiday assistance

Post by Admin »

While it is a little early to be looking for holiday help, as the application periods are usually in the fall, we you look for resources in Dallas now I guess to prepare for it. But we would not recommend calling anyone. They will have support even for young children, such as a 2 year old, so that will not be an issue. For the Christmas help, find the programs here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _holi.html
Hyuandai

Post by Hyuandai »

Hello, I am 22 Years old. My wife and I just had our first baby, he is 2 months old on the 18th and we just moved into our new home as a family a month ago. I just got a new job a week ago but I am not able to make my rent. My rent was due on the 7th of $900 and having to pay for Christmas and my water and electric bill I have no money left for rent. If you can help me that would be great.
Mikey1

Post by Mikey1 »

Besides Christmas gifts, my son and I have to move in a week or two from our home for these past four years due to an over powering, blood sucking, incurable, nationwide bug that has succeeded in destroying the past year our lives, and now has forced us to move. I have done all I can, endless sleepless nights on guard, built, rebuilt, and gone insane fighting for our safety, our belongings, life as we knew worse and so disappointing I did alone. I trusted after my pleas and hundred attempts that maybe our landlord would come throughout at least try to help us.
We are having to change his school, home, everyday life in hopes this move allows our lives for which will seem for the first time in a year to be free instead of every move on how these bugs will destroy the outcome. I have, I am, and I forever will do everything in my power to protect him from any threat. Heartbroken for both we know it can't be changed to bring anything in our home with us. They live and spawn in everything. Clothes, wood, movie cases, pic frames, beds, couches, etc.!!!
We’ve been sharing a blow up row boat after throwing out infected beds etc. Stayed safely tent 3-4 months until too cold just to get a night’s sleep. Recent blow up options stay off floor have gotten holes, up pumping all night to protect him from floor and again down last option and hole has had enough of repairing.
My son has been through so much more than anyone may believe with what once was a bed time rhyme to most will forever be a reality lived nightmare for us. After 36 years I have got to start from scratch and now so does my 6 year old son. I'm not asking for anything crazy if able and I know I should be praying for the must haves dishes, sheets, bathroom toiletries and I would be blessed even with a pillow to lay our heads down on our fresh floor. I am but if I had a wish it would be for what most take for granted but would truly make me smile every time he closes his eyes. I need a bed set for him.
Or if anyone knows of any type help that may help with house hold furniture and daily items? Thank you for listening. Wishing you all happy holidays and best wishes. Thank you.
Travolta

Post by Travolta »

I'm inquiring about help with Christmas presents for my kids. I have a 9 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. I am a single mother expecting my third in January. I've fallen on hard time since I lost my job in February. I am also behind $93 dollars on my water bill. I am on section 8 and food stamps. Just trying to figure out what I am going to do.
Jeremiah1

Post by Jeremiah1 »

Help with Christmas. My husband was in a bad motorcycle accident and is unable to work, and now we have applied for SSD. So far we are in the first appeal and I have been disabled since 12/24/13 due to a car accident. We are having to live in my sisters. We did live in our friends yard because I couldn't make our $1000 a month house payments anymore.
We still have 5 children at home, our 2 oldest are working and going to college and live on their own. We have 7 children all together, and the 5 we still have home range from 17, 15, 13, 11, 08 and we are also responsible for our 18 month old granddaughter. Her dad is our 17 year old son.
Ashley

Post by Ashley »

Good morning, I was directed to this email from a friend. I recently got custody of a friends kids because she is on heavy drugs and I did not want the kids to end up in the system. They are great kids, 2 girls and a boy. It’s sad that they were in a bad situation.
Me and my wife spent our saving to fight for custody of the kids and now we feel bad that they will not have a Christmas because of it so any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Tony Hawkins

Post by Tony Hawkins »

I am looking for help in Orange county California, I'm trying to find programs in my area that offer any type of assistance for the holidays, I know I'm a bit early but I just found out that there is help available. I'm on welfare and I have two boys ages 9 and 6, I would like to be able to get them presents for Christmas but I do not have the finances to do so. Any help available will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, there are national resources and charities too. So they cover southern California as well. Also, you noted you are on welfare. So that would generally qualify you. But you need to apply for the two boys you have. Use this to find free Christmas gifts and toys.
Tony Hawkins wrote:I am looking for help in Orange county California, I'm trying to find programs in my area that offer any type of assistance for the holidays, I'm on welfare and I have two boys ages 9 and 6, I would like to be able to get them presents for Christmas but I do not have the finances to do so.
Newton Adam

Post by Newton Adam »

Hello, I was told by a family member that you guys do the adopt a family for Christmas, I live in Port hueneme and just want my kids to have a good Christmas. We're getting just by me baby-sitting family members kids because my boyfriend can't work right now do to his condition so I'm the bread winner and am looking for work too.
The money I do get goes to rent and bills so these holidays are tough but I'm blessed to have a roof over our heads but they don't understand and I don't want them to worry...but I thank you for reading this. Thank you.
Marisa

Post by Marisa »

Happy Holidays to you and staff. I am writing this email to inquire where a young couple with a 2-month-old baby should apply for help with paying initial security deposit to get into an apartment. The couple is a new mother on maternity leave from her job until January. The husband works, but his income is a mere $8/hour, so even though they have found a suitable apartment for them and their baby, they are at risk of falling through the cracks without adequate immediate help financially to be able to come up with the security deposit and total move-in costs for the apartment they have found.
Their household currently only has the one minimum income of the husband and they really need emergency intervention. Would you please advise me where I should refer them for immediate emergency assistance that will help them with their security deposit and move in costs for their apartment? Unfortunately, the Department of Social Services turned down the mother's application due to her having been on temporary assistance formerly while she was between jobs. I found your website for help paying bills website recently while looking for a way to help direct this couple meet their emergency needs.
Any assistance you can give with my inquiry is greatly appreciated. Wishing you and yours a blessed Holiday Season.
Grandstrand

Post by Grandstrand »

I'm a mother of four small children. I'm just going through the worst days of my life. I have been married for 11 years. We have four small children together and he walks out on us to take care of some other woman and her children.
Now I'm going through divorce. I just moved into a new place but with no furniture my house is empty on everything but that's not the point. What I wanted to know is that if anybody can help me to find out where to go and sign up to get help for Christmas gifts.
Me and my children are going through enough. The last thing I don't want for my kids not to have a Christmas this year. Someone out there please help me and god bless you all. I love you. Happy holidays and thank you so much.
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

I am a single mom who is looking for assistance. I have 3 children; 2 of which have special needs. I am struggling with bills and don't know what I am going to do for the holidays. We don't have a tree or any money for gifts or bills. Any help with giving my kids a Christmas and help me secure a job in order to provide for my family would be appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are struggling with bills, then Christmas should be the last of your worries. We are sure your 3 kids will understand. As far as places to try (though no guarantees), try this for Christmas help, as there are many non-profits nationwide.
Thomas1 wrote: I have 3 children; 2 of which have special needs. I am struggling with bills and don't know what I am going to do for the holidays. We don't have a tree or any money for gifts or bills. Any help with giving my kids a Christmas and help me secure a job in order to provide for my family would be appreciated.
Roker

Post by Roker »

I am a single mother of two. I have a 12 year old girl & a 10 year old boy! I've been a single mother since they were born.
I've been unemployed for a while now, it's the 1st time I've been unemployed since they were born, I've always worked, a lot of the time 2 jobs, but always a full-time job. I've always struggled in some sense, but I've never asked for help before now, yes it's hard only cause I don't want it to seem as if I'm looking for a handout, I'm truly not, I truly just need help this Christmas for my kids.
It's truly a unimaginable feeling to know you’re not able to get Christmas for your kids, & I just didn't know what to do or where to turn, and I was talking to a lady that refers to the angel-tree salvation army, toys for tots, etc., & sent me your link! I realize I may be too late, but all I can do is try & pray that a miracle will come this Christmas, & pray I can get help, thank you so much for your time!
Soledad

Post by Soledad »

Hi, It’s that time of year again. I was wondering if you knew of anywhere I may be able to get help for my family this Christmas. A lot has happened this year to my little family. I'm still trying to adjust from the loss of my husband 2 years ago. Leaving me a single mother of 3.
This Christmas is also a very sad one indeed. My sister and best friend passed away suddenly on October 10th. Leaving behind 2 boys. They are with their father now. That left a huge hole in our hearts. Please email me back and let me know if and how I get help for this Christmas. Thank You very much.