Need Dental Care

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
lkeefer22
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Dental Care

Post by lkeefer22 »

Hello, I really need some help and am running out of options, I work full time on min wage supporting my cousin also who gets no help either (whole different story) . The problem is I own my trailer and lot it sits on and it is paid off. I make just enough to barely cover the bills and little else. The problem is I have 2 bad teeth, one tooth I sold what little jewerly I had, to try and fix it, I had to pay over 2300 for a root canal and filling when I could not get any aid, I still need a crown and was told I needed another 1300 up front to cover it. Now I have a tooth on the opposite side that is giving me the same problems, I have been suffering from this for well over 6 months and it is getting worse, I have gone to a few clincs and was told that I could be put on a waiting list of 6-8 months to pull it but that is all they can do, the problem is if they pull it they have to pull the other 2 next to it and I will no longer have any top teeth on my right side. My mouth stays swollen most of the time. I have to drive a min of 50 miles to the clinics and most will not help me cause I own my property and was told I could sell it or mortgage it. I can barely pay the bills I have on min wage and I turn 50 this year. I work full 30-40 hour work week on min wage, where I stand on my feet all day. But I do not have the money for anything else. the only luxury I have is the internet. I would like help finding medical and dental care in the 77447 area, the closest clinic is 50 miles away and cant help, and the closer ones have all shut down. I also suffer from the following : Scoliosis, Rheumatoid arthritis , and also have Hiatal hernia, I work on my feet all day lifting up to 80 lbs a day most of the day. I take no medications but have been taking close to 8 motrin at a time for the most part for the last couple of months for some relief. I cannot eat much or I get sick, I dont complain I just put one foot in front of the other and keep going but my tooth is killing me and I need to find some relief somewhere so if anyone can offer help I would appreciate it. The right side of my jaw stays swollen most of the time as a result, and I have missed several days of work over the course of the last couple of months at clinics and such, I live in Mongomery County of texas and even Ben Taub will not help cause I do not live in their district with free help unless I pay, so where do I turn. Please Help Me...The job I work is thru a temp agency and the company I am working for is the only full time employment I have found since being unemployed almost 3 years ago. Thanks for any and all help...Lisa
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Dental Care

Post by Admin »

Montgomery Texas definitely has numerous free dental clinics and centers. Most offer basic care, check ups, and some will even offer free dental surgery's or more complicated operations and services. Use this resource for free dental clinics and scroll midway down to select Texas. If you can't find one listed for your area, call a clinic that is in a nearby town or County. Also call your local community action agency. In addition, other health care clinics may be able to help you deal with some of those other medical issues you have.

lkeefer22 wrote:Hello, I really need some help and am running out of options, I work full time on min wage supporting my cousin also who gets no help either (whole different story) . The problem is I own my trailer and lot it sits on and it is paid off. I make just enough to barely cover the bills and little else. The problem is I have 2 bad teeth, one tooth I sold what little jewerly I had, to try and fix it, I had to pay over 2300 for a root canal and filling when I could not get any aid, I still need a crown and was told I needed another 1300 up front to cover it. Now I have a tooth on the opposite side that is giving me the same problems, I have been suffering from this for well over 6 months and it is getting worse, I have gone to a few clincs and was told that I could be put on a waiting list of 6-8 months to pull it but that is all they can do, the problem is if they pull it they have to pull the other 2 next to it and I will no longer have any top teeth on my right side. My mouth stays swollen most of the time. I have to drive a min of 50 miles to the clinics and most will not help me cause I own my property and was told I could sell it or mortgage it. I can barely pay the bills I have on min wage and I turn 50 this year. I work full 30-40 hour work week on min wage, where I stand on my feet all day. But I do not have the money for anything else. the only luxury I have is the internet. I would like help finding medical and dental care in the 77447 area, the closest clinic is 50 miles away and cant help, and the closer ones have all shut down. I also suffer from the following : Scoliosis, Rheumatoid arthritis , and also have Hiatal hernia, I work on my feet all day lifting up to 80 lbs a day most of the day. I take no medications but have been taking close to 8 motrin at a time for the most part for the last couple of months for some relief. I cannot eat much or I get sick, I dont complain I just put one foot in front of the other and keep going but my tooth is killing me and I need to find some relief somewhere so if anyone can offer help I would appreciate it. The right side of my jaw stays swollen most of the time as a result, and I have missed several days of work over the course of the last couple of months at clinics and such, I live in Mongomery County of texas and even Ben Taub will not help cause I do not live in their district with free help unless I pay, so where do I turn. Please Help Me...The job I work is thru a temp agency and the company I am working for is the only full time employment I have found since being unemployed almost 3 years ago. Thanks for any and all help...Lisa
lkeefer22

Post by lkeefer22 »

I had found that list prior to posting on this forum, the problem was that most of the clinics and stuff have shut down do to lack of funding. I contacted about 15 of them and the ones that did the work I needed done were the ones that were shut down. I have been trying to find even a hospital that will treat me and so far have not found anything for the poor in montgomery county.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

OK. Not much we can do about that. Try this resource for other Montgomery Texas assistance programs. Some may be able to direct you to dental clinics and agencies.
lkeefer22 wrote:I had found that list prior to posting on this forum, the problem was that most of the clinics and stuff have shut down do to lack of funding. I contacted about 15 of them and the ones that did the work I needed done were the ones that were shut down. I have been trying to find even a hospital that will treat me and so far have not found anything for the poor in montgomery county.
lkeefer22

Post by lkeefer22 »

I have tried everything I can figure out and gone list by list and was told flat out if I own my on place that can be gotten a loan against and pay for any and all work. I told them if I am barely making the bills now how am I going to make the extra to pay off any mortgages I have to get in order to pay. I have come to the conclusion that they are no longer caring for people who are white they say they are but no matter where I go I am lucky they speak english and stared at. I guess that in reality no one cares anymore that it is all a lie when it comes down to need. No one cares so I guess that I will just keep doing what I have been doing and if in the end the tooth infection ends up killing me then oh well maybe then someone will care enough to wish they had done something and maybe not shut down all the clinics that would have helped.
bhnyc83

Post by bhnyc83 »

I have had the worst issues with dental care too. I had a broken tooth from a fall, and had to wait until I could save up before I could get it fixed - two years. Also, my wisdom teeth came in really fast and at it's worst I couldn't eat solid foods for over a week. There are dentists out there that will work with you - sometimes payments at a time. Try searching different sites and outlets. I found mutiple NYC dentists on Angie's List. There are people out there that care.
Commodi

Post by Commodi »

Hello,I was wondering if there is help for me to get 3 root canals done on my back teeth,I am in lots of pain I have been trying to find low income based dentists to help me by taking cash payments on a weekly bases,but I have not found a oral surgeon that can help me.I am a patient at the Springfield neighborhood Health center in Springfield,ma they dont do root canals.They gave me a sheet witch has a list of oral surgeon's on it.All of the dentists say they offer a sliding scale and they don't turn anyone a way due to inability to pay,but hey turned me away,they want $700.00 a tooth to do the work.I cant afford that all in one payment at the time of visit..So I am turning to you for help if you can help me with any resources such as Charities,Non profit or Government programs,some type of funding?? I have mass health Standard for health and dental also some type of health safety net they dont cover anything but extractions and cleaning and x-rays so I am pretty much out of luck,I hope that changes sometime soo..I have been praying to god to help me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That does seem like an excessive price to have surgery one one tooth, especially if it is a sliding fee scale. Three root canals is also a lot, so not sure if a dental clinic in Springfield Massachusetts will help with all of that, as it would be a lot for them to take on. So we do have phone numbers and addresses of additional community and dental clinics in Springfield, and you can find them here in Hampden clinics. Call around and see if they can provide you free dental care, or maybe they do know who you can call for assistance.
Commodi wrote:Hello,I was wondering if there is help for me to get 3 root canals done on my back teeth,I am in lots of pain I have been trying to find low income based dentists to help me by taking cash payments on a weekly bases,but I have not found a oral surgeon that can help me.I am a patient at the Springfield neighborhood Health center in Springfield,ma they dont do root canals.They gave me a sheet witch has a list of oral surgeon's on it.All of the dentists say they offer a sliding scale and they don't turn anyone a way due to inability to pay,but hey turned me away,they want $700.00 a tooth to do the work.I cant afford that all in one payment at the time of visit..So I am turning to you for help if you can help me with any resources such as Charities,Non profit or Government programs,some type of funding?? I have mass health Standard for health and dental also some type of health safety net they dont cover anything but extractions and cleaning and x-rays so I am pretty much out of luck,I hope that changes sometime soo..I have been praying to god to help me
Elephant

Post by Elephant »

I am one month behind on my rent and I am uninsured and have pain in my tooth. My teeth are very bad and need work ASAP because I have a lump on my gum that is very painful. I have 4 kids that get Medicaid, but I am on unemployment and can't afford dental work or my rent this month. What am I suppose to do.
Peppermint

Post by Peppermint »

I have a wisdom tooth that is infected. I have been dealing with on again off again pain, and infection for about three years. I don't have the money to have it removed, and have searched for dental clinics, but can't seem to find any. I also need a eye exam. I only have one contact lens at this time, because I can not afford to go for the for glasses and lens. My eye glasses are very old.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So that sounds like you need that wisdom tooth extracted. If so, a dental clinic can usually perform this activity. If your income is low enough, it will normally be done for free to. This is not that complicated of a procedure so a clinic may be able to help in this case. You must not have been searching in the right place as we have thousands of clinics listed! So use our site to find what you need for your dental care and needs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... inics.html
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

I'm a 45 year old mentally and physically disabled person since 2006. My teeth are breaking off at the roots and I'm in severe pain. I was able to get an emergency appointment this Friday at 8 am. I need financial help to pay for this because all though I qualify for Medicaid I didn't know until yesterday when my front tooth broke off. I only have 4 teeth left on top and 8 on the bottom. They are all loose and hurt so bad.
I was diagnosed with cancer in 2008 and in 2006 I broke my neck, my back, both my arms had to be reconstructed. I have had 11 surgeries since my accident. I was told by the neurosurgeon that built my titanium neck and back that I would never walk again but I did it. I'm also mentally ill due to my father shooting himself while I was home alone at age 11. Also my sister hung herself when I was 23.
My mother attempted on several occasions unsuccessfully thank God! I'm unable to drive but my brother is coming to take me to the doctor tomorrow and the dentist on Friday. I have no money except my social security check. I have no food in the house either nor can I drive to get it. I have a friend who also lives here and he tries but has been out of work for over two months.
Our electricity is about to be cut off and our water was cut off last month but we got it back on.
I'm a good Christian girl and I prayed about it and that's how I found your website. If you could be of any assistance in any form I am desperate. The worst and most costly is going to be my teeth. Please help me.
I had a heart attack on Valentine's Day also. February has been the worst. I have one grown son and his wife just had my first grandson. I am not even allowed to hold him because they are afraid I will drop him. They won't help either because they can't afford it and live too far away. I was abused by my husband and have severe mental issues due to the abuse he put me through and the PTSD from the nightmares I still suffer from my dad dying right in my arms. When I broke my neck and back he scalded me in the bathtub then just left me in the tub and left for a week without even a goodbye.
I lived in Pennsylvania then because his job uprooted me from my hometown I lived in my whole life. My family didn't even believe me when I told them what he did to me. I got as many therapies as I could find and started fighting back against him. He was on drugs and alcohol so he never remembered what he had done to me. We were married for 8 very long years. I went to college at 39 and began to learn to walk again with all the pressure to get to class on time. I took medical classes to learn how to fix my numb leg so I could get away from my abuser and I didn't finish school but I stayed until I got well enough to leave him.
It took three years to get on disability so I had no money or a car to leave with. As soon as I got my first social security check I bought a car packed it full with me and my dog (he also abused her) and we left him returning back to my hometown Cleveland Ohio. I now am once again in a very desperate situation because my resources are so limited.
I live in a decent but small mobile home with a roommate. I am suffering with my teeth and of course my neck and back injuries. My quality of life is terrible and I'm practically bedridden. I struggle just to take a bath. And I need help desperately and immediately for my teeth mostly, food and electricity. I have a car but I can't drive because of the medications I take are narcotic. If there is anything you can do please contact me today or at the soonest time possible.
Thank you sincerely. I've never asked for help before. I worked for 15 years before my accident and haven't worked since. I did put my only child through college by myself and he went off to Auburn in 2012. The accident was in 2013.
He is making good money but most of it pays his student loans, his bills and for his wife and new baby. I would be happy to make phone calls or stuff envelopes for you to repay you or anything else I could do. I am a fighter and right now my mouth hurts so much I feel like giving up. Please help me. I would not ask if I were not at my last resort! Thank you and may God Bless You for the work you do for Him!
Best regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Since you mentioned you are a "good christian girl", then you may qualify for health insurance from one of their cost sharing groups. Many churches and Christian as well as Catholic groups are creating a quasi insurance product to help people of their religion. It can cover some dental needs...though it mostly will focus on medical bills. Find details on the Christian health insurance.
Lewis wrote:I'm a 45 year old mentally and physically disabled person since 2006. My teeth are breaking off at the roots and I'm in severe pain. I was able to get an emergency appointment this Friday at 8 am. I need financial help to pay for this because all though I qualify for Medicaid I didn't know until yesterday when my front tooth broke off. I only have 4 teeth left on top and 8 on the bottom. They are all loose and hurt so bad.
I was diagnosed with cancer in 2008 and in 2006 I broke my neck, my back, both my arms had to be reconstructed. I have had 11 surgeries since my accident. I was told by the neurosurgeon that built my titanium neck and back that I would never walk again but I did it. I'm also mentally ill due to my father shooting himself while I was home alone at age 11. Also my sister hung herself when I was 23.
My mother attempted on several occasions unsuccessfully thank God! I'm unable to drive but my brother is coming to take me to the doctor tomorrow and the dentist on Friday. I have no money except my social security check. I have no food in the house either nor can I drive to get it. I have a friend who also lives here and he tries but has been out of work for over two months.
Our electricity is about to be cut off and our water was cut off last month but we got it back on.
I'm a good Christian girl and I prayed about it and that's how I found your website. If you could be of any assistance in any form I am desperate. The worst and most costly is going to be my teeth. Please help me.
Patriots

Post by Patriots »

I need serious help. I am now beyond need of needing dental work done but I have no insurance. I did have disability insurance through MO health net but when I was finally able to find a doctor who helped me I was diagnosed with sinus tecnicardia with my heart and chronic anxiety which don’t work well together. I also have ADHD.
So I wasn’t seen as disabled and I don’t have that insurance anymore but it didn’t pay for dental anyway. Then my husband got a job at Walmart distribution and then lost it so that insurance will be lost as well.
I have always taken care of my teeth and went through braces and now I’m 27 and my teeth are just rotting out in which is told to me by my grandmother to be genetic that hers did the same thing and that she had false teeth before she was thirty years old.
I have had them filled but the filling just falls out as my teeth decay and then I’ve been told I need them capped. I do not know what I need or who I need to talk to but I’m tired of being in pain and my breathe stinking and feeling nauseous all the time. I can’t eat for sure on one side and now I can’t even brush them. It hurts too badly so I use a wash cloth.
weigh 105 right now. I have not weighed this since adolescence. I just want to feel better but I do not know where to start. Please help me the best and fastest way possible. Please and thank you.