What programs help people with ADHD with home repairs?

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
Johnson19
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

What programs help people with ADHD with home repairs?

Post by Johnson19 »

Hi, I have 2 children and I'm pregnant. I'm a full time stay at home mom. My son has ADHD and a speech problem and is starting school soon. My husband was our source of income along with my son's disability check however he was arrested and now I cannot pay my utility bill. I was referred here by my landlord and I'm not sure if I have the right place or not. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: What programs help people with ADHD with home repairs?

Post by Admin »

Some disability grants can pay utility bills. One of the common ones is LIHEAP. But there are other options. And if your kid has ADHD, that should qualify you. Find a list of grants for the disabled.
Johnson19 wrote:Hi, I have 2 children and I'm pregnant. I'm a full time stay at home mom. My son has ADHD and a speech problem and is starting school soon. My husband was our source of income along with my son's disability check however he was arrested and now I cannot pay my utility bill. I was referred here by my landlord and I'm not sure if I have the right place or not. If you can help I would greatly appreciate it.
Shopper

Re: What programs help people with ADHD with home repairs?

Post by Shopper »

I take care of mom who is 76 years old. I was recently unemployed in March of this year and I have ADHD so hard for my to keep a job. I have applied for Unemployment Insurance but have yet to be approved. I had back surgery on March 23, 2024 and currently have 15 staples in my back and need the house set up / fixed for me. I have major depressive disorder and ADHD and I am a patient at Metrocare. My 21 year old son lives with me also. He suffers from schizophrenia psychosis. Our house has some roof leaks here and there and needs some modifications such as a porch ramp, handrails and a few safety measures, bathtub grips for mom. We would benefit perhaps from some home repair assistance. Please advise.