Do you have Christmas presents past a certain date?

State and local government assistance programs.
Popen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Do you have Christmas presents past a certain date?

Post by Popen »

I have a 12 year old son that I need help buying Christmas prsents for on Christmas. His dads just got out of jail yesterday and has been in there for 4 months. I was hurt at the beginning of this month and it has prevented me from working. I wasn't aware if I could get any help at this point. We haven't gotten him anything at all yet & it looks like most organizations don't help past a certain date. I'm desperate.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Do you have Christmas presents past a certain date?

Post by Admin »

In general, no. Any holiday programs, whether for toys or free meals, have deadlines. But there can be free Christmas gifts and toys if you register on time. Usually in September or so.
Also, if you were abused, try a DV shelter for your kids Christmas needs. You may get additional support from this type of groups.
Hornet

Post by Hornet »

I don't know HOW I thought I was going to make Christmas happen. I usually can scrimp and borrow from peter to pay Paul, but we had car trouble on THREE cars in the last 6 weeks (am borrowing a car right now), and everything is about to fall apart. Have you any ideas with this late of notice on the dates?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, it is still early October. So you should be able to still get help. Yes, that is what most people have issues with..unexpected bills, repairs, etc. that impact their ability to buy Christmas presents. So in that case, look here for supplies. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dakot.html