Help with my utility bill and my rent

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
cookies
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with my utility bill and my rent

Post by cookies »

Hi, I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but here goes. I'm a 60 year women who lost her job because I was sick with cancer. I have been trying to keep myself afloat, but the more I try the deeper in debt I get. I have a shut off notice for my electrict Aug 15th and I will be getting an eviction notice for back rent. If there is someone out there willing to help please let me know asap. I'm receiving disability but some how it is not enough. All my life I have try to help others and now I'm in need of help. I don't know how much I'm suppose to include in this so please contact me.

Sincerely,
Cookies
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with my utility bill and my rent

Post by Admin »

Yes, you are doing this right. Post what you need and staff will try to reply to you with resources and advice. For your electric shut off notice, find information on utility bill assistance programs, grants, etc. here. This list is directly from your utility company, but using the left navigation bars you can find many other programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ene ... tance.html

In addition, for general cancer bill help, information on non-profits, and other options use this resource to get help with cancer expenses and referrals.
cookies wrote:Hi, I'm not sure I'm doing this right, but here goes. I'm a 60 year women who lost her job because I was sick with cancer. I have been trying to keep myself afloat, but the more I try the deeper in debt I get. I have a shut off notice for my electrict Aug 15th and I will be getting an eviction notice for back rent. If there is someone out there willing to help please let me know asap. I'm receiving disability but some how it is not enough. All my life I have try to help others and now I'm in need of help. I don't know how much I'm suppose to include in this so please contact me.

Sincerely,
Cookies
Forex

Post by Forex »

I just located to the Eugene area from my reservation in central Oregon. I am looking to better myself thru a more diverse employment world. I have become one of three renters, sharing all of the costs of living expenses. Although, out of three of us only one has a full time job. I myself survive on unemployment($99) a week, which is not enough to cover the cost of our (EWEB bill for two months:$674.85) electric/water bill(which is still outstanding from last month). I have child support payments, medical expenses, auto insurance...& the cost of gasoline (I do my best to juggle). my income is not enough to cover this bill or to catch up on back charges. If i can have any assistance for these charges. that would help our lives greatly. I believe that I will be able to afford the future charges. By then I should be able to find employment. I can pay only a little part of this bill($73). The cash I was able to scrounge together by borrowing from family members. please inform me of my options for this matter...I believe that the Eugene water & electric board is going to turn off our services soon. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Yes, $99 per week is not much to cover all of those expenses. Ask for a payment plan from Eugene water & Electric board. that may be best option if only can afford to pay a little of the bill. Other options and programs can be found in Eugene and Lane County Oregon too. Places like Salvation Army or similar charity organizations.
Forex wrote:I just located to the Eugene area from my reservation in central Oregon. I am looking to better myself thru a more diverse employment world. I have become one of three renters, sharing all of the costs of living expenses. Although, out of three of us only one has a full time job. I myself survive on unemployment($99) a week, which is not enough to cover the cost of our (EWEB bill for two months:$674.85) electric/water bill(which is still outstanding from last month). I have child support payments, medical expenses, auto insurance...& the cost of gasoline (I do my best to juggle). my income is not enough to cover this bill or to catch up on back charges. If i can have any assistance for these charges. that would help our lives greatly. I believe that I will be able to afford the future charges. By then I should be able to find employment. I can pay only a little part of this bill($73). The cash I was able to scrounge together by borrowing from family members. please inform me of my options for this matter...I believe that the Eugene water & electric board is going to turn off our services soon. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated, thank you.