Are those free things using Medicaid real?

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
Merrien
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Are those free things using Medicaid real?

Post by Merrien »

My grandmother is on Medicaid and out neighbor told us about free things people can get. We have had no luck with finding a handicapped-accessible ride for my grandmother to get to the doctor. Can someone please leave me with a good contact number I can call to schedule a ride so we can set her up for a doctor's appointment? Will Medicaid pay for that and cover it? What else may it do?
She is 95 years old with dementia and living at home with her son who is also disabled and can not drive. He gets his insurance from Medicaid too and he needs a free phone and computer from the government to use at home, as he is homebound.
They live in Morgan City, LA 70380. Please let me know if you or someone else can help.
Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Are those free things using Medicaid real?

Post by Admin »

Hi,
Long story short, yes they are real. As generally people on Medicaid have a very low-income-live in poverty, etc. so they qualify for other stuff at that same time as Medicaid. Such as a ride to the doctor, lifeline phones, equipment and other goods. But we have information on the free Medicaid benefits here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... items.html
Merrien wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:08 am My grandmother is on Medicaid and out neighbor told us about free things people can get.