Disabled and need help Paying for medical cobra ins.

People looking for general financial assistance.
Also look here for programs on the main NHPB site for local financial help.
keya1249
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Disabled and need help Paying for medical cobra ins.

Post by keya1249 »

Hi, I'm a single disabled person. Right now I'm on Cobra insurance which isn't that much right now but beginning in Feb 2011 it goes up to over a extra $400 monthly to keep. I cannot afford this period. I cannot get Medicare for 25 months. I live in Tampa, Fl (Hillsbourough County) and have found that I cannot locate doctors taking Medicaid. They all refuse to take it. I have some very serious conditions that require consistant medication and doctor visits. I cannot afford all these medications, doctor visit co-pays, and then this high premiun. I have been told by several insurance companies I have a preexisting condition and they won't insure me. Is there any gov't assistance programs to help pay for my continued Medical Coverage with the carrier I already have? I really need the help! :cry:
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Disabled and need help Paying for medical cobra ins.

Post by Admin »

You can try St. Josephs Community Care Clinic, which may be able to provide you with free medical or health care. The phone number for the clinic is (813) 886-8899. they offer free care for low income and people without insurance. Not sure if they can treat you or not, but worth giving them a call. More programs and information is listed here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Also try the Community Action Program of Tampa and Hillsborough. they are a great place for information and referrals, and their phone number is (813) 272-6776
keya1249 wrote:Hi, I'm a single disabled person. Right now I'm on Cobra insurance which isn't that much right now but beginning in Feb 2011 it goes up to over a extra $400 monthly to keep. I cannot afford this period. I cannot get Medicare for 25 months. I live in Tampa, Fl (Hillsbourough County) and have found that I cannot locate doctors taking Medicaid. They all refuse to take it. I have some very serious conditions that require consistant medication and doctor visits. I cannot afford all these medications, doctor visit co-pays, and then this high premiun. I have been told by several insurance companies I have a preexisting condition and they won't insure me. Is there any gov't assistance programs to help pay for my continued Medical Coverage with the carrier I already have? I really need the help! :cry: