New Roof on our house

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
aaronfeduk

New Roof on our house

Post by aaronfeduk »

Do you know of any grants/loans, etc. that could help us get a new roof put on our house? My husband in a contractor and was injured in December of 2007 in an accident and after 3 weeks in the hospital and 3 months at home (without pay) and having Home Health Care and Physical Therapists coming in 3 times a week, he is no longer able to finish roofing our house. He has done all of the lower levels, but cannot do the highest part of the roof. We have so much leakage coming into the house that if it rains or the snow melts off the roof, it litterally rains in my house. We have mold growing everywhere and I really think my family being sick all the time has to do with the mold. We have so many doctor bills that we can hardly afford our mortgage let alone afford someone to come roof it. We are in desperate need of some assistance in order to save the house. It won't be long and it will not even be worth saving and we will just have to walk away from it.

Any assistance you can give me would be appreciated.

Our mortgage company said that they will work with us to refinance our loan but they said our interest rate will jump from 5.25% to 11% interest and our house payments will be over $1,000.00 a month. We cannot even afford the payments we have. There is no way we can do that either.

Brenda
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: New Roof on our house

Post by Admin »

Try modifying your mortgage, calling your bank, or a mortgage counselor. You should not be thinking about your roof if you are maybe going to foreclose. You need to take care of mortgage before any money spent on roof.
Medtronoc
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: New Roof on our house

Post by Medtronoc »

Good evening,
I am in desperate need of a new roof as well as help with our mortgage. As I am typing there are several leaks throughout my house. I am considered low income and am in no financial shape to fix the roof. Due to me losing my job etc. the last few years have been extremely difficult.
I am behind on credit card bills and my water bill as well. I was able to get my home out of foreclosure. That being said. I am working a few jobs now to make ends meet but am not able to save any money to put away to replace the roof. I live in Medford Massachusetts and am looking to see if there are any resources available to me to help vet the roof repaired. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.